Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I believe it's that same roll over valve causing a fuel odor on my car under load. I have a II Much Fab. vent on the bench waiting to go in... part of me thinks I should throw in the towel on this Tanks Inc and get a Ricks restomod with the internal regulated pump.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Quote Originally Posted by eville View Post
      I believe it's that same roll over valve causing a fuel odor on my car under load. I have a II Much Fab. vent on the bench waiting to go in... part of me thinks I should throw in the towel on this Tanks Inc and get a Ricks restomod with the internal regulated pump.
      The II Much Fab should solve the problem? I mean, if you want to throw a grand at getting another tank, go for it, but you already have a solution to the problem..
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I don’t think a iimuch vent will fix a tank that has a lousy vent design. Garbage in, garbage out....

At least this has been my experience.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

A properly installed IIMUCH vent will fix this. Its unlikely you will need to replace the tank.
      Last edited by JohnUlaszek; 02-24-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUlaszek View Post
      A properly installed IIMUCH vent will fix this.
      Hi John. Didn’t you do a bunch of work with Ricks to get their tank vents redesigned? The reason I ask is I have one of their older vent designs and it stinks with your vent.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

This is what I’m referring to. According to instructions the tank vent will need to be redesigned for the iimuch vent to function properly.

If the fuel tank does not have a vapor dome, properly located vent ports(s), or the application, such as off-road or road racing, could cause the fuel tank vent port to be submerged, relocation or additional ports may be required. If the application has two or more vent ports they can be joined with a T fitting and a single hose routed to the VSR. Failure to address this could result in liquid fuel bypassing through the VSR, pouring out on the ground creating a fire hazard.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

There are a lot of factors, but i’ve worked with a lot of Tanks Inc. customers and generally don’t have a problem getting them sorted out. I have made suggestions to some of the tank manufacturers based on customer feedback but generally speaking everything I know about the problem is captured in the installation instructions for the IIMUCH vents. And yes, sometimes the tank vent strategy needs to be modified or abandoned.
      Last edited by JohnUlaszek; 02-24-2021 at 08:41 AM.

By the way when I said garbage in, garbage out I was not referring to iimuch vents. I was referring to tanks with lousy vent designs.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

No worries, I didn’t take it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Hi John. Didn’t you do a bunch of work with Ricks to get their tank vents redesigned? The reason I ask is I have one of their older vent designs and it stinks with your vent.

Don
      I’m sorry, I missed this somehow, you may have an unsafe setup there depending on few different factors. Send me an IM or call 888-216-6033 and we’ll figure out what’s going on. I’m confident we can get this sorted out, but Its imperative that you not fill the tank past a few gallons until we figure out what is going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com