Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

For sale 1968 C10 LS swapped

SOLD. So I finally decided to sell my 68 C10. Most details can be seen above in my build thread. It's 68 C10 Short box LS/T56 project.
      Just to be clear it no longer has a T56. Last winter I swapped out T56 for a built 4L60E with 2800 stall Yank converter.
      The LS1 engine has about 10,000 miles. I had it in a 67 Nova before this truck. I have all receipts for the truck that go with the truck.
      I don't have a lift but I'm happy to put it up on jack stands for your inspection.
      Paint has a few imperfections. I can see them as I'm the one who washes and waxes the truck. Can't really pick them up on a phone camera. I'm happy to send a video of the truck running walking around the truck.
      If you come to inspect depending on the weather and the road in front of my house a short drive is possible. Kind of snowy here right now. Tonight a nice brisk wind 20 mph Name:  IMG_0213 (1).jpg
Views: 1898
Size:  830.6 KBName:  DWQE2198.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  376.7 KBName:  IMG_0210.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  637.6 KBout the NW and -5 degrees tonight.
      So if you decide to purchase. Wire transfer only. I can PDF the title prior to the sale. Its clean and in my name.
      Truck goes down the road very straight. C5 brakes makes it stop very straight.
      My cell is 320 266 7531. Please no long text questions. Just call.

A question came up via text. The truck does not have AC. The heater and defroster and wipers work very well.

Another question came up on engine details. 2002 Camaro LS1 block. Stock crank. Eagle H beam rods. Diamond forged pistons. File fit rings. Comp push rods. Comp Cam 218I/224E 580 lift 114 cl. ARP head bolts. AFR 205 heads. LS6 intake.

So another question from a sharp eyed C10 guy.
      The tail gate trim is not correct for a 68. It is correct for a 69-72 C10. The tail gate was a local find on CL. They posted it and I was there in less than 30 minutes. The son/family was cleaning out the fathers estate and it was in the rafters of the fathers shop. He took it off new as he added a topper that covered the tail gate area. It was perfect. I didn't want to try to patch the rather large trim holes. I was concerned about warping it so I added the later model trim.

More questions came up. All the glass is new. All the exterior trim is new. Dash pad is new. Ididit tilt column. Bumpers are new. Painless chassis rewire kit. Howell engine harness. Rear axle is completely rebuilt. Aburn posi with Moser 30 spline axles. 4.75" bolt circle front and rear. Trans/rear end yokes are 1350 size. 4:10 gears.

More questions.

The Lokar e-brake is between the seats using Lokar brake cables. Very high tech cup holders made out of exhaust tubing fastened down to the e-brake mounting bolts.

All Auto Meter gauges. I modded a stock C10 bezel to fit them. Took the stock bezel and filled the stock screw holes with 10-24 socket head bolts. Then filled the holes with epoxy and body worked them to match the curve of the bezel. I used a 18 gauge sheet metal piece to fit inside the raised part of the bezel. Drilled holes to fit the gauges. I used spray bomb bed liner to give it a bit of a wrinkle finish. Then epoxied it to the bezel. I was trying keep a bit of the stock look. The gauge in the center between the speedo and tach is a 2" gauge I gutted then modded to have the left/right turn signal indicator, high beam indicator and CEL light. For what ever reason the CEL indicator light quit working almost from day one. So I remounted it next to the OBII port. Still visible when you sit in the truck.

More questions.

The exhaust starts at 3" at the headers then reduced to 2.5" Dyno Max turbo mufflers. 2.5" tail pipes out the rear bumper. All mandrel pipe. No muffler shop crimp bends. All mild steel.

The optima battery is mounted on the frame in front of the right rear tire. The cooling fan is controlled by the ecm. On at 215 off at 195. Largest double pass Afco radiator I could fit. Spal fan.

I welded the stock fuse block hole shut. Moved fuse block (Painless) back about 2 inches and then ran all the chassis wiring up over the steering column and out thru a hole in the trans tunnel. Then forward and back as needed. The ECM wiring came out underneath the heater box and the around the engine as needed. Very little wiring visible in the engine compartment.
      LeCarra steering wheel.

The vent windows were rebuilt and re-chromed with new glass by a gentlemen on C10 forums. They are perfect.

Cab was insulated with dyna mat like first and then the two sided foil with jute in between. Then new carpet over the top of that. Underneath I used "Lava Mat' between the headers and cab floor.

I should of said this before. The radio is a Retro Sound and last summer it just quit working. Still lights up but no sound. Called Retro Sound and asked if the is any trouble shooting and they said no and don't send it in because its out of warranty. 6x9 speakers in the rear cab corners. Dual 4.5" speakers in the stock locations under the dash.

A couple of questions about the frame have come up. I did not box the frame. My sand blaster is one of those small 40 gallon pressure blaster so it didn't leave a course finish. I drilled out the rivets for the body, radiator support and box mounts. I did this because I wanted paint between the mounts and the frame.

-6 Fuel lines. Nicopp brake lines. C5 brake booster. 2002 Camaro brake master. Wilwood adjustable prop valve.

So sale is pending but a couple of questions. I filled the antenna hole and the windshield washer holes in the cowl panel.

Thanks for the good questions. Keep them coming.

More pics.Name:  TQHR1175.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  396.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      More pics.Name:  TQHR1175.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  396.3 KB
      Is it registered as a long bed or short bed?

Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful truck. Looks like it is well done. Good luck with the sale! Wish I could bring it home, but can’t right now. My 16 year old daughter likes it too.
      1967 Camaro SS 350 Hotchkis TVS, 383/TKO600, dynatech/magnaflow. #’s matching 350 stored

1997 Camaro SS 6spd, Custom AI cam with all boltons

2011 GMC SIERRA 2500 lifted w20’s (Driveway Statue)

2009 Tahoe (Work truck) 220,000 and still going

On the title it just C10. Nothing about a long or short box.

Thanks for the kind words about the truck. It was a good truck to start with.

Sold

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com