Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lokar Sport shifter

I’m considering the Lokar Sport Shifter for electronic transmissions for my 4L80 transmission in my 69 Camaro. I plan to use the Gen 5 console with the manual boot. First question is opinions of the shifter performance and is the reverse lockout push button in the knob awkward to use? My second question is relative to fit. Has anyone put this shifter into the gen 5 console and does it fit like it should? If so what length shifter arm with or without bend. They sell it with 4”, 6,8,10... length arms with and without a bend to kick the arm back. I don’t have seats in my car yet to be able to measure but 8” with a bend seems close.

thanks
      Mike

A week and over a hundred views and nobody has any input on the Lokar Sport Shifter? Is there a better spot to post this, or is this shifter just not very popular. Is there a better shifter with bump shift out there I should be considering?
      Mike
      69 Camaro - In the Works

Honestly I would not have expected a lot of responses. Not that many automatics here and likely only a fraction of those with Lokar shifters.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com