Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

E-Stopp Electric e-brake info wanted

For those using the E-Stopp units, can you provide some insight as to the pros & cons? installation tips & tricks would be great. I'm thinking of using one on my 68 Camaro with 5th Gen Camaro e-brake backing plates.

Country Flag: United States
      I like mine. It pulls hard and seems to do a good job holding the car still. Had it installed on the floor of the trunk with 2 cables going to each Wilwood unit on the rear wheels. Mounted the button in the center console of my 67 Camaro. Only thing I don't like is that the LED stays lit all of the time when the brake is set, and I don't drive the car very often, so I think that it drags down the battery over time. But my friend, who is much smarter than me when it comes to electronics, says that it would take a very long time indeed for that LED light ring to pull down a car battery. So it is probably just in my head.
      Steve

I disconnected the blue wire which prohibits the brake from engaging when the engine is running which I found annoying as hell. My button is in the center console too, so there's a slim chance I'm gonna hit it while going down the road. Other than that, the unit works great.

Country Flag: United States
      Here's a thread from last year that also discussed this.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...gen?highlight=

Steve

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com