Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

58 psi adjusted to 6 psi

Need advise. Play driver - Camaro BBC, 600 hp, Dominator carb, stealth 340 intank pump, -6 feed, -8 return. Build is progressing and would like to debug with existing engine. Plan is to change to Sniper with vapor worx module for returnless feed. Question is best way to reduce fuel pressure for dominator carb. Holley offeres an adjustable bypass regulator (12-880) for -6 feed. The reviews don't excite me and i'm looking for options. Wondering if I can add a deadhead regulator in line after the bypass to give a more constant pressure for various types of driving. Please advise. Thank you.

Give Carl at vaporworx a call. Maybe Vaporworx controller can regulate to 6 psi.

Otherwise you can buy electric fuel pumps for carbureted applications.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by geometryjeff View Post
      Need advise. Play driver - Camaro BBC, 600 hp, Dominator carb, stealth 340 intank pump, -6 feed, -8 return. Build is progressing and would like to debug with existing engine. Plan is to change to Sniper with vapor worx module for returnless feed. Question is best way to reduce fuel pressure for dominator carb. Holley offeres an adjustable bypass regulator (12-880) for -6 feed. The reviews don't excite me and i'm looking for options. Wondering if I can add a deadhead regulator in line after the bypass to give a more constant pressure for various types of driving. Please advise. Thank you.
      I can't help you with the fuel pressure answer, but I would strongly consider the Terminator X Stealth instead of the Sniper. When you are ready, I would be happy to discuss the reasons why, and help with the tuning.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thx for info. I'll call Carl and if needed have a tank port available for external fuel pump - don't like it's location at bottom of tank (drain) for SHORT term.

So did you decide which route to go? Im trying to set up the fuel system for my Camaro as well. I think Don's suggestion might be the best/simplest way to go. A low pressure in tank fuel pump. External pumps are problematic. Vapor lock, noisy, placement. Plus an in tank pump will suck the gas dry from your tank. Ive been told from a tech at Fuel Safe, a return line isnt necessary. Also does anyone think the 340 stealth pump is too much flow for your application? 3/8's feed seems kinda small too for a 600hp big block. With my 408 LS Carb'd motor, Im leaning towards 8 AN feed from the pump.

brian

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com