Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Interior Headliner

My 68 Chevelle never came with the roof brace kit that's used for installing the headliner. The first photo is what I purchased. Is there some magic involved to installing these. I did figure out that the two pieces at the bottom of the photo are for the front windshield. The two longer pieces I think are for the sides but no matter which way try they don't sit flush to anything so I can screw tup hm in. The second photo is what the underside of the roof above the windows looks like. This is very baffling. From your experience, do th pieces I have appear to be the rig that ones? Any help is greatly appreciated.

perry
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      It has been a while since I installed those. As I recall, they mostly go on one way. You want to position them in such a way that the little hooks grab on to the headliner fabric when the headliner is being stretched tight.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

The slots should install into the holes shown below, with the teeth pointing to the outside of the car. The top two should be for the sides over the door and quarter, the two small straight pieces are probably for the sail panel area between the quarter windows and rear window, the curved pieces should be for the corners of the rear window, and the leftover pieces are the top and sides of the rear window.
      Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  721.0 KB

Here's a shot from RAMBO on Team Chevelle.

Double post, the first had to be approved.
      Cody
      1971 Monte Carlo

This is AWSOME!!! Thank you!!!

Perry

I appreciate all the help I have received on this forum but I can't believe that after spending the last 4 yrs on a full rotisserie build that something so seemingly simple has stonewalled me. I've installed the two front pieces above the windshield and the three pieces around the rear window. The side pieces do not line up with any of the mounting holes and the four remaining small pieces are baffling me as well.you can see the natural curve of the side piece does not match the curve of the car body. Heeeeeeeeeeelp 😀 Any help is appreciated.

perry
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      Understand this’ an old post, but did you work it out? Took me awhile to figure the strips out. I’m working on a ‘68 Chevelle too. Same thing, I’ve touched every nut and bolt. The trim along the side of the headliner are giving me grief.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com