Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

72 Maverick body on a 2000 Mustang chassis swap questions

I have been looking on the web on the wheelbase and track width on both. The Mustang is close on wheel base but the track width is wider. My question is is there a company that makes narrower lower control arms for the Mustang. I have been told if I did get narrower arms I wouldn't get the front end set right. the reason for thinking about doing this is the Maverick floors are rotted out bad. I know I can get floor pans but thought if I can do this swap I would get the 4 link and everything on a budget. LOL

Country Flag: United States
      A 72 Maverick and a 2000 Mustang would have originally had way different wheel offsets in relation to the suspension.
      Where are you measuring and how far off is it?
      Neither candidate are full frame cars so it’s going to be a TON of work to correctly marry the two into one unibody unit.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

I just googled the measurment's on the track width and wheelbase I know it will be alot of work.

The Maverick track width is 56.5 the Mustang TW is 60.2 wheelbase on the Maverick is 103 and the Mustang is 101.3

Ask rocket bunny to make another set of flares for it

Track width is 4” wider on the Mustang. That’s 2” per side. You could easily make that up with different wheel offsets and very mild fender flares.
      And extending the wheelbase less than 2” should be even easier.
      Mavericks are really cool and this combo would killer. Keep us posted of your progress.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

Quote Originally Posted by 67-LS1 View Post
      Track width is 4” wider on the Mustang. That’s 2” per side. You could easily make that up with different wheel offsets and very mild fender flares.
      And extending the wheelbase less than 2” should be even easier.
      Mavericks are really cool and this combo would killer. Keep us posted of your progress.
      I have to replace the 1/4 panels as well so I was thinking about moving the wheel opening forward the 2'' I need.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com