Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Calling All Those with Hunter's Delay Wiper Switch.....

Need some help troubleshooting a new install. I bought one of Hunter's last switches in early 2018. Bought a new Cardone 85-1029 wiper motor for a 2002 Buick LaSabre Custom. Got it all wired up, tested the voltage in each lead coming from switch, appear to be working correctly. One lead has varying voltage signals based on the first 6 positions of the switch, last position energizes the other lead while the other lead has no voltage signal.

Motor only runs in the last 2 positions, position #6 is hi speed while position #7 is low speed. Wiper motor will not run in any of the Delay positions.

This is with the second wiper motor, the first one wouldn't run at all. It was new also.

Believe this system Hunter came up with is similar to the early DSE kit which had issues with motor longevity.

Any suggestions?

Jeff
      65 Chevelle

Country Flag: United States
      I think the issue with DSE was a solder joint in the motor that was failing. Maybe take a look and see if you can see a broken solder joint. Resoldering it might fix it.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

OK, sounds good... I'll take a look.

Has anyone have input on the function of the switch? Is what I'm seeing correct?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com