Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hardline to Flex to Tank Connection and to Fuel Rail

Hey guys I’m going to start plumbing the fuel system. I will be using a vaporworx controller so I only need a feed line. I plan on running 3/8” nicopp hardline along the frame. I’m looking for some pics/ideas on where to terminate the hardline and go to softline an to the tank and to the fuel rail.

This is for a 69 Camaro with LSA and ricks restomod tank.

Pics are very much appreciated. Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Hey guys I’m going to start plumbing the fuel system. I will be using a vaporworx controller so I only need a feed line. I plan on running 3/8” nicopp hardline along the frame. I’m looking for some pics/ideas on where to terminate the hardline and go to softline an to the tank and to the fuel rail.

This is for a 69 Camaro with LSA and ricks restomod tank.

Pics are very much appreciated. Thanks!
      Here is a video I made a long time ago that shows you the steps:

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks Andrew, but I was looking for location of where and how people are making the connection. For example, hardline along the frame, 90 to run along the floor, then 90 up the firewall and connect to fuel rail.

Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood the question.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I ran my hardline as close as I could to the tank and engine within reason. I made my connection to the soft line on the inside of my inner fender and run the rubber line through a thick rubber grommet/inner fender straight to the fuel rail. On the rear I stopped the hardline on the frame rail less than two feet from the tank. I mounted my FPR/filter on the tank itself. About 18" of soft line to the FPR/ filter and less than 12" from the FPR/filter to the drop in fuel pump module. I'll try to find a couple of pics.

I ran my line like the OEM's usually do. I hard line to a point that will have the least amount of movement compared to the engine. In my case this is near the engine mount. That is were I make the connection to a flexible line, a PTFE lined SS braided line in my case. This reduces the amount of flex that the flexible line will need to have. See my pictures, sorry for the low quality.

Steve
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

That’s perfect! Thanks guys!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com