Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice job on the mini-tubs and the project overall. Fiberglass work is outstanding.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Very nice job on the mini-tubs and the project overall. Fiberglass work is outstanding.
      Thanks! Your build is inspiring and giving me a lot of ideas as I consider powertrain upgrades. Hoping to pull that "LS" trigger this winter.

Love the home built cars! Very nice fiberglass work!
      Good luck with the build!
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Love the home built cars! Very nice fiberglass work!
      Good luck with the build!
      Pat

The carbon fiber shims may cause corrosion. Make sure you have paint any where the metal (bolts) touch. I cant remember but I think stainless steel will have the lowest reaction. Project looks amazing. Love what you did with your dash pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71nova View Post
      The carbon fiber shims may cause corrosion. Make sure you have paint any where the metal (bolts) touch. I cant remember but I think stainless steel will have the lowest reaction. Project looks amazing. Love what you did with your dash pad.
      I had no idea that was a possibility and had to research it a bit. I'm in the aviation world and should have known this. Fail! LOL! Looks like as long the material is dried/cured before assembling/contact the galvanic corrosion possibility is minimal. The aluminum hinges are also coated and the bolts are stainless with no direct contact which helps.

Thanks for the tip and forcing me to go learn new stuff.

Cheers!

Yes all we do is prime holes most of the time. Also Aviation here. Fiberglass layers also works wonders at stopping it.

Just some updated items and nothing major but some effective stuff and lessons learned. The older version of ridetech's 4-Link did start making noise especially after they warm up. Replaced them with the "R-Joints" and so far so go. Used the install jig to keep the lengths identical for my pinon angle during the swap.

Name:  IMG_3221 (2).jpg
Views: 337
Size:  327.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3222 (2).jpg
Views: 354
Size:  351.2 KB

Saw a nicer looking front spoiler and gave it a try. I like the change and styling and the price was right at just a hundred bones.

Name:  IMG_3145.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  377.4 KB

Needed some major changes with the exhaust. Was not able to run it over the rear-end but going under isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Even jacked with it hanging it does not touch the tubing due to the coil overs.

Name:  IMG_3192.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  310.5 KB

Now for some fun tuning stuff for you carb guys. After some changes I could tell she was pig rich so on goes the AFR gauge to get her back.

Name:  IMG_2826.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  247.8 KB

Tried as I may just could not get the stock metering block to play nice. Got an aftermarket block with adjustable restrictors for more fine tuning. Its said that with a bunch of patience you can get a carb close to EFI. Well, at least for the conditions on that day. LOL!

Name:  IMG_3218 (2).jpg
Views: 349
Size:  412.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3219.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  347.2 KB

For you EFI guys, this is what the software looks like for us old school carb guys.

Name:  IMG_3205 (2).jpg
Views: 342
Size:  366.8 KB

After two days of swapping jets, power valves, and restrictors, got the idle and WOT where it needs to be for my setup. Transitions to cruise (about 15:1) are butter smooth. Phew!!!

Name:  IMG_3243 (2).PNG
Views: 711
Size:  959.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3244 (2).PNG
Views: 735
Size:  1.03 MB

As a reminder (and obviously I was a victim) if you see this nice thick carb gasket and think it'll seal well....RUN Away! Ended up over torqueing the carb hardware to get it to seal which results in this. I should know better. The result is an aftermarket billet carb base (that would be the purple barney one in the pic above):

Name:  IMG_3209.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  429.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3208.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  329.0 KB

Lesson learned!

I like that, carb software for the EFI guys. I also like how that overdrive transmission indicator looks like it was a 1969 factory piece. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I like that, carb software for the EFI guys. I also like how that overdrive transmission indicator looks like it was a 1969 factory piece. Very nice.
      Thanks. I poke fun but truly getting gear together for EFI. One thing about that shift plate. I spent a whole day trying to cut/weld/modify the original shifter detent plate to get the shifter to line up with the correct indicated gear. Don't be cheap like me. Just buy the one for a 700R4 and be done with it. ;0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com