Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Best product to protect paint

I saw a ceramic product advertised on YouTube and it got me thinking what’s the best thing to keep the finish nice?

I've used ceramic products in the past and even thought they protect for a while, they do wear off after a while and take a lot of effort to properly apply them again. I myself would spend my money on PPF (Xpel) to protect my car on high impact areas (yes expensive). I had PPF on my last car and it will protect your car from rocks, chips etc. and keep it like new. I wish I would have done the whole car and never wax again or worry about rock chips. One time a bucket fell off of a truck in front of me on the highway. The PPF totally saved my car and paint.

I am a "waxer" and it works well for now to keep a shine. When I did the ceramic coating, it took two days to do it correctly with a full strip, clay bar, paint prep and application. In the future when possible, I'll do the PPF on my car once my paint cures. PPF will keep it looking new and protect the paint like nothing else. Just my opinion from my past experience.
      1975 4-Speed Pontiac Trans Am 400
      Blueprint/Balanced Stoker 462ci, Roller Cam/Rockers/Lifters
      Tremec TKO600 5-Speed
      Holley 870 Street Brawler, Dakota Digital RTX Firebird Gauges
      Stage 2 Ride Tech Coil Over, Wilwood 4-Wheel Brakes
      Global West Subframe, Vintage Air
      17" Year One Wheels, Digitails LEDs

I put Cquartz on my car last year, and it's been awesome. The paint looks really nice, and it makes washing a lot easier.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com