Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Looking for suggestions on a shut down switch that will give me power to pop the door

Anyone have suggestions on a battery shutoff switch and isolator set up that will gimme enough power to pop the doors open but won’t allow battery drain. Doors are shaved without handles.

Since it’s being mounted in the cab , it Needs to look cool too.

Country Flag: United States
      ..connect the remote door poppers to the battery, everything else to the other side of the switch maybe?
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I just got done helping a guy with a 37 car and he has a master on/off switch in the console with the battery in the trunk. I added a Kenwood app radio with camera's and there was no easy way to get a new wire down to the unswitched side of the master on/off switch, as well as being able to put an inline fuse close to the switch to protect this dedicated wire so we just ran the proper sized wire off of the memory/constant 12v portion of the radio back to the battery and then added the proper size fuse b the battery which was easily accessible.

As far as a shut off switch,you need to know how much current (amperage) the switch needs to pass and whether you need a switch that cuts power from the battery and then also disconnects the alternator through different terminals on the switch. There are basic 2 post switches and then 4 post switches. There are also switches that are activated by small rocker or push button switches to open up mounting options and locations.

Jim

Several trigger types are offered.

https://watsons-streetworks.com/prod...y-disconnects/
      Tracey

Thanks a lot guys.

Great people here.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com