Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

DSE Quadralink upper shock mounts. 69 Camaro

The upper shock mounts on my DSE quadralink kit have a slip bushing on one side. The other bushing/sleeve is welded in place. I’m sure this was done to accommodate various widths of shock eyelet and possibly to aid in installation/removal of the shocks. The installation instructions don’t mention tacking it in place after installation but it seems like a potential rattle if I don’t. I just wondered what the normal practice is and if I’m over thinking it?

I have the same issue on my lower mounts. I diddnt test fit my ride tech shocks before I welded my brackets to the axle. I have ridetech shocks on my front subframe so I bought them for the rear so they would all match. The ride techs even without the small spacers were too wide to fit between the sleeves and on the bottom side they are both welded in place. If I’d test fitted the shocks first, I could have just put the mounts in the mill and faced off both sleeves to fit the shocks. I was kind of leery about just cutting them off and Keeping the ends square as it’s pretty tight inside there. Instead I ended up drilling out the sleeve on one side and turning a new sleeve to slip in like the top mounts. Then I faced off both shock eyelet bushings the proper amount to re-center the shock in the lower mount. One side is about 1/4 longer than the other but the shock sits right in the center.

so again here, my thought is to add a .020” shim, tighten the assembly and weld the sleeve in place. Then remove the shim and it ought to give me enough clearance to slip the shocks in and out and still get a good clamp when I tighten the bolt.

I’d appreciate any advice before I create some unforeseen problem for myself. And for anyone who reads this not using DSE sourced shocks, make sure they fit your mounts before you weld it all up, because it’s a much easier fix before.

I diddnt take and pictures after but below you can see how much had to be r

. Name:  DBA2B2F8-B196-4D87-A534-F5010273B5C1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  231.3 KBName:  CBFF5CA5-9B57-4D95-81AF-8B5CBFF89DBF.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  226.9 KB

The top just smashes together on the quadralink and no issues. The bottom I had to cut off some of the quadralink spacers so the ridetech spacers would fit.

Below is a picture of the upper mount. The sleeve on the left is welded solid. The sleeve on the right slides thru the bracket and allows for a little variation in width. I created this same scenario on my lower mounts as described above. Im inclined to just weld them in place after setting to the correct width unless someone has a good reason not to.

Name:  38F4A2C5-F404-4BE9-A024-AE4C14023DF2.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  207.6 KB

nope you can do it the way you want... your over thinking it, thousands of race cars use the same mounting set up (nearly every dirt track, circle track have the same mount) its used because in many classes an adjustable shock isn't allowed so you swap shocks to change the valving and having a self adjust mount makes the swap quicker and allows the racer to even switch brand of shocks to fit the race conditions, setting the spacing by welding it in place isn't really necessary, but if it make you feel better, get it done

Thanks. I usually Do over think things, lol. Some things work that I just can’t gee-haw with like using hose clamps for motor mounts in a top fueler.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com