Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need help finding the fitting size for CTS-V V2 Power Steering Pump

Hi all,

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this since I didn't see a section directly related to the engine accessories, but figured since steering components are closely related to suspension that this would be appropriate. Mods, feel free to move if there is a more appropriate section that I missed.

I'm putting an L92 motor with LSA supercharger and accessories to replace my LS1 and I am trying to re-use the power steering hose that I had which fits perfectly in my Camaro. I have an JGC steering box and power steering pressure hose for a 98-02 Fbody LS1 car. It worked great in my car, and would like to retain it if possible. I'm waiting to hear back from Turn One right now, but I found that they have a fitting that will adapt the ZF PS pump fitting to -6AN. However, I would like to just keep the stock hose that I have if possible. I'm finding very little information online, but what I can tell is the ZF pump I have has a different fitting on it than the M16x1.5 Oring that was on the GM type II pump I had.

So I'm thinking that if I can find out what the fitting is, I can either get the correct fitting and have a shop modify the hose I have that fits my engine compartment, or I can find a new flow valve that has the same M16x1.5 oring fitting I already have. I looked on RockAuto for a EDELMANN 92871 hose and the fitting looks completely different.

I know that the LSA motor is pretty popular, so I'm sure I'm not the first one to come across this issue. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
      Ryan

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Since turn one makes the fitting wouldn’t they know the threads? Since you’ll need the reducer anyway maybe you can buy their reducer and find an6 to whatever threads you already have? I think that may be easier?

The turn one fitting replaces the flow restrictor/adapter that comes in stock form and goes directly into the pump. Stock the flow restrictor screws into the pump and the hose threads into the flow restrictor/adapter.

I may be able to do what you suggested, I want to see what Turn one says first.

C5 corvette hose will work assuming JCG box means Delphi 600 box.

And they are cheap.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

If you have the Toyoda pump for the CTS, the turn one adapter will work. The Corvette will not. I used the Turn one on my CTS pump, no problem.

T,

I figured some pictures would help. I test fit the PS hose that worked with my LS1 GM Type II pump, and it does thread into the ZF box, but it runs out of threads before the o-ring can seal.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com