Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

BostonHotRods 1956 Bel Air build: Project Daisy

What is it:
      1956 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop. One owner car, found and purchased locally. The seller's grandmother purchased it new and it had remained in the family. In theory, it was a survivor car, two paint jobs, no accidents, and all or nearly all original.

What I'm doing with it:
      I drove it for a year and enjoyed it with the family, but it's now time to put it under the knife. I'm planning on turning this into a 3 season daily driver (or nearly daily as I don't commute). Classic styling, all modern comforts. All the good stuff that makes it more than the sum of it's parts.

I'm also "attempting" to get my kids involved with the project and learn a little bit about how cars are put together while also making some memories. As part of the incentive, I told them I would video parts of the build and post it to YouTube for them if they participate. We'll see if my bribe works or not.

Here's the car as of the last day of 2020 when I drove it into the shop:

Disassembly goes pretty quickly:

60 year old wiring, no thank you:

Pretty interesting to see how tech has changed over the years. 6 fuses for an entire car. Fuse block:

Body just about ready to come off:

Lots of interest oddly in the Chassis/Engine/Trans. I sold it locally in under 24hrs which really surprised me:

Body off to Media Blasting today:

~Ryan

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com