Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

WTB: Classic car

Hi everyone,

Looking for a driver quality vehicle. Prefer something from the list below with the Chevelle being number one on it. I might consider some other muscle car or something. Not looking for a rust bucket or an expensive show car. looking for a driver quality car that is roadworthy. Must be a V8. No three on the tree. 2 doors only.

I don't care about numbers matching or anything like that as it will be my resto mod project so the more stuff that's already done, the better!

68-72 Buick Skylark/Gran Sport
      69-72 Pontiac Tempest/GTO
      67-70 Chevelle/Malibu
      68-72 Cutlass
      68-72 Pontiac Lemans
      61-67 Chevy Impala

Country Flag: United States
      What's your price range. I have a friend that finds cars quite often. Chevelle's especially
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      What's your price range. I have a friend that finds cars quite often. Chevelle's especially
      Depends on the car, but again, looking for a driver. Not an expensive show car/garage queen...

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
      Depends on the car, but again, looking for a driver. Not an expensive show car/garage queen...
      And I'm talking about good drivers not show cars..... Everyone has a max number in mind of what they want to spend is all I'm saying. It doesn't mean you lose in negotiation, some people just have unrealistic expectations of what they can get for a certain amount of money is all I'm getting at. That's why I asked for a range.

Chris--

And I'm talking about good drivers not show cars..... Everyone has a max number in mind of what they want to spend is all I'm saying. It doesn't mean you lose in negotiation, some people just have unrealistic expectations of what they can get for a certain amount of money is all I'm getting at. That's why I asked for a range.
      Feel free to have tour friend reach out with what he is selling

If you're on IG look up districtcapitalclassics. All the cars there besides the green Chevelle have been cars he's found for people, the most recent being the aqua blue convertible. If you like the quality of the cars, send him a note.

Chris--

If you're on IG look up districtcapitalclassics. All the cars there besides the green Chevelle have been cars he's found for people, the most recent being the aqua blue convertible. If you like the quality of the cars, send him a note.
      Not on IG. Feel free to have him PM me here

I've got a 70 Chevelle SS396 if you're interested, asking 30K/best offer, appraised a little over a year ago at 32K. Less than 20K miles on the car, needs restoration, runs and drives but needs brake work to be a daily driver. Body's solid, floors are solid, needs a little metalwork around the rear window lower corners. By little, I mean not much. PM me if interested, I also have an ad in the For Sale area.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I've got a 70 Chevelle SS396 if you're interested, asking 30K/best offer, appraised a little over a year ago at 32K. Less than 20K miles on the car, needs restoration, runs and drives but needs brake work to be a daily driver. Body's solid, floors are solid, needs a little metalwork around the rear window lower corners. By little, I mean not much. PM me if interested, I also have an ad in the For Sale area.
      All original then? Not what I would spend $30k on, sorry. GLWS

All original then? Not what I would spend $30k on, sorry. GLWS
      No worries. But, if you want a finished driver expect to pay for it. Mine's appropriately priced for what it is, mainly being almost all original with low miles. If you're also looking for engine conversions and suspension upgrades, expect to either pay a premium or do a lot of work. I also wouldn't rule out V6 models because it doesn't take much to convert one to a V8. Even swapping columns and putting in a floor shifter isn't that big a deal.

Good luck with your search. Personally, I'd rather have a Skylark or a Cutlass Supreme than a Chevelle, just don't care for the Chevelles for some reason.

Just a photo doesn't give me any info lol

Please stop messaging me with $30k+ cars, guys. I am looking for a driver, not a finished/restored show or garage queen.

Please stop messaging me with $30k+ cars, guys. I am looking for a driver, not a finished/restored show or garage queen.
      My Cougar is an excellent and very reliable driver.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...7-Cougar-build

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'd suggest including a max price then. Those not willing to accept that price won't respond. Of course, you'll have to deal with people offering cars at your max that aren't worth 500 bucks, but at least you'll filter out the ones that are out of your budget.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com