Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Throttle arm problems

Installed big block (502) in 67. Now my throttle arm has no travel as it hits the back of the block. Solutions? Also, wiper motor ain't gonna fit either. Solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might get more help if you post the make and model you're working on, details on the top of the engine like manifold, fueling ect, and post pictures of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mgb View Post
      Installed big block (502) in 67. Now my throttle arm has no travel as it hits the back of the block. Solutions? Also, wiper motor ain't gonna fit either. Solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      My neighbor ran into the same problem on his 68 Camaro. He had to replace the entire mechanical rod type linkage with an aftermarket cable setup from Lokar to include their gas pedal. It's not as smooth as the original setup but works.

They're not cheap but the aftermarket has wiper motor assemblies that fit inside of the cowl to solve this clearance issue. My neighbor's big block does clear the factory wiper motor but may be because of the valve covers used.

I can get you some pics if needed.

GM made these car with big blocks, these shouldn't be any issues, unless the valve covers are too high and your having an alignment issue with the rods and gas pedal lever, mine was bent and wouldn't open the secondarys, take a second look and see what the issues are,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com