Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Hi Another newbie here. I noticed that an increasing number of cars in my favorite magazines credit the members and this site in helping with their build. The knowledge base alone was enough to make me want to join, the comunity is icing on the cake.

About my ride.
      My main project is a 64 Ford Falcon Sprint 4 speed 260 V8 (well it used to be) I am building it piece by piece as I can save the cash for the parts.
      The engine is going to be a 331 stroker based on a ford roller302 block. It will have Trick Flow Twister Wedge heads. Im not yet sure on the cam selection. I currently have an Air Gap manifold and a 650 Street Demon carb but I am considering fuel injection.

I want a 5 speed trans but havent nailed down what kind yet.

Im looking at willwood for the brakes Front and rear. An issue for me is the master cylinder I want power brakes and a dual res master cylinder but there just isnt enough room. Im looking at tilton dual master cylinder setup but im not sure how much fabrication is nessessary.

The global west coil over front end looks good to me. I like the relocated position of the spring to the lower control arm and keeping an eye out for peoples opinion of this setup before I totaly commit to it.

As you can see Im not entirely set on my design yet because every time I find somthing I like, I find somthing that seems better or like it would fit my application better.

Well thanks in advance for any help and I hope to become a regular here.

Thanks again
      Daman

Welcome Daman,there are lots of good people here with tons of knowledge.NIce to see yet another bay area guy!

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard, Daman. We're glad to have ya, I'm sure any questions you might have could be answered by members of the board, concerning your build, and the things you mentioned, so don't be a fraid to post up!

Country Flag: United States
      WELCOME!!!

Country Flag: Canada
      A '64 Falcon and you live in Cali.!!!!!!!
      Don't mind me, I'm just jealous.
      Welcome aboard.
      Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Welcome to the forum Daman.
      William Rouleau
      Project PonySnake - '67 Mustang Fastback

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com