Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Drive By Wire Pedal Assembly

I'm running a drive by wire setup on my 69 Camaro, LS7 with Nick Williams 102mm TB, Holley Terminator X Mac ECU and a T56 transmission. Is there a DBW pedal assembly you guys like to run? Thank you

In researching I came across the Lokar control harness and pedals. Does anyone know if these will work with the Terminator X Max? Lokar is claiming less pedal lag over OEM.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-bdbw-gm06

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-xdbw-6012

Country Flag: United States
      I run an OE pedal...I have no complaints about pedal lag. Have you gone through the instructions for the T-Max? What does it recommend? The most important thing is your ECM is compatible with which pedal you choose.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

@badazz81z28 The Lokar pedal looks to be newer to the market so I'm trying to figure how/why they claim "The sensor is programmed on the pedal to optimize electrical output for quicker throttle response, producing no pedal lag and three times the performance of OEM pedals"
      3x the performance of a pedal seems like a silly statement to me. T-Max recommends the OEM pedal but again maybe the Lokar stuff isn't on Holley's radar yet.

Quote Originally Posted by no_go nico View Post
      @badazz81z28 The Lokar pedal looks to be newer to the market so I'm trying to figure how/why they claim "The sensor is programmed on the pedal to optimize electrical output for quicker throttle response, producing no pedal lag and three times the performance of OEM pedals"
      3x the performance of a pedal seems like a silly statement to me. T-Max recommends the OEM pedal but again maybe the Lokar stuff isn't on Holley's radar yet.

Have you driven a DBW vehicle? Maybe a new corvette or Camaro? Do you feel there is an issue with the stock pedal response? I think it’s all marketing BS...so the pedal responds .0005 sec versus .0007 sec...

I don’t think it’s really even the pedal...it’s more to do with how fast the computer can interpret the input to give an output. I would save your money. Their pedal looks more application specific for a hot rod who wants to use a “hot rod” looking pedal versus the modern one.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I think you're probably right. It's less about the pedal and more about the control module. FWIW, Lokar part #XBDBW-HOLLEY01 will work with the TERM X/X MAX and Dominator ECU paired with XDBW-6012 for a pedal for the folks looking for more of a hot rod pedal assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Have you driven a DBW vehicle? Maybe a new corvette or Camaro? Do you feel there is an issue with the stock pedal response? I think it’s all marketing BS...so the pedal responds .0005 sec versus .0007 sec...

I don’t think it’s really even the pedal...it’s more to do with how fast the computer can interpret the input to give an output. I would save your money. Their pedal looks more application specific for a hot rod who wants to use a “hot rod” looking pedal versus the modern one.

I think you're probably right. It's less about the pedal and more about the control module. FWIW, Lokar part #XBDBW-HOLLEY01 will work with the TERM X/X MAX and Dominator ECU paired with XDBW-6012 for a pedal for the folks looking for more of a hot rod pedal assembly.
      I just looked at those prices...wow...

For a 69 Camaro there are several companies making mounts to use the CTSV pedal, which is what Holley recommends. Way less expensive and with the money you save, you can hire me to do the tuning :-)

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I used the stock FBY pedal in my car. It works fine. I made a simple bracket to change the angle of the floor slightly so at full pedal I’m on the floor. Simple plug and play.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank. Built for 35 mpg. So far 32.

not the cheapest stuff but i'll let you know how they perform

I run a Holley Dominator, NW 102 and a factory pedal with the scarebird adapter. Make sure you select the correct TB in the drop downs that should be on the car (i.e., ZL1, CTSV, etc.) If the wrong part number is used, it will be delayed. You're also going to have to play with the pedal settings to get it to idle, as the blade needs to be closed more than the stock one. Took me a while to realize that after I had a high idle.

Thanks for the tips. Im using also running the NW102, which TB does Holley consider that in dropdown?

Quote Originally Posted by ORBandit View Post
      I run a Holley Dominator, NW 102 and a factory pedal with the scarebird adapter. Make sure you select the correct TB in the drop downs that should be on the car (i.e., ZL1, CTSV, etc.) If the wrong part number is used, it will be delayed. You're also going to have to play with the pedal settings to get it to idle, as the blade needs to be closed more than the stock one. Took me a while to realize that after I had a high idle.

I just pulled it from Rockauto GM GENUINE 2173151 {#12601387, 12629992}. I don't remember specifically which part number Holley listed (don't have my laptop with me)

Holley only lists one approved pedal, which is the first gen CTSV pedal, same one that GM sends with their kits. However, I k ow from experience that the Impala SS pedal also works flawlessly. Other pedals may work as well, I've just not tested them first hand.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I was referring to the TB. I have never use the Holley software so forgive my ignorance. If the Nick Williams throttle body is not listed in the drop down which selection are you supposed to make?

I was referring to the TB. I have never use the Holley software so forgive my ignorance. If the Nick Williams throttle body is not listed in the drop down which selection are you supposed to make?
      I'd probably try the LS 3 TB first.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com