Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Eaton 10 Bolt Posi Disassembly

Rear end is out of my 69 Camaro. I have removed the 5/16 bolt that holds the pin from falling. It isn't broken yet I can't get the pin out. If I pound on the pin with an aluminum punc I can move the pin 1/2" either direction then it stops dead. I've tried spreading the 4 springs in case they are touching the pin but no luck. Any ideas on how to get the pin out? Every other rear it's hard to keep the pin in place, slides right out. I'm at a loss here, anyone have ideas? Need to pull it apart to get drum plates off and install disc brackets.
      Thanks all.

Country Flag: Canada
      Just an update. I used a mini sledge and steel rod to pound the pin down about an inch and a half, rotated it up then used a cutoff disc to zip thru the pin. Did this once more then was able to pound the rest of the pin out. have it disassembled now and doesn't look like there is anything wrong, I thought one of the gears was broken. I am going to go thru everything to make sure everything is ok. Still have no idea why the pin was seized so badly

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com