Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Race Tec Pistons

Does anyone here have feedback on Race Tec pistons? We're building a LS7 for street-use and my builder has suggested Race Tec over Mahle. The defacto for his shop is Mahle but unable to acquire them (back order) he suggests Race Tec and says they're a higher quality, more expensive piston. Im starting to research the brand, they look they could be owned by Diamond? Seems like a mom and pop shop out SoCal. Thanks!

I use them all the time. I am a dealer for them. Half the people there came from JE. Talk to Stacy and he will make sure you get the right thing. He is the newest guy there but he spent many years at JE. If you want, PM me and I will hook you up.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Country Flag: United States
      They do a lot of custom stuff for the racing industry, where they are fairly well known. They also have the AutoTec piston range which are for more "off the shelf" applications.
      John Brown
      1971 Nova - Project Car
      1990 Silverado - Ridetech StreetGRIP
      Instagram @wilwaxu
      Facebook @wilwaxu

I’ve been doing research today and I think RaceTec is the way to go over Mahle. I sorta lucked out as the standard piston my builder uses for a 700hp n/a engine is Mahle. But Mahle is back ordered for months and he was able to get a set of the 4038 RaceTec for the same price.
      Callies had a set in house that will work with my application 10.7:1 compression. They are balancing the crank, rods and pistons then shipping them out. I’m pumped

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com