Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

GM A-body geometry (motion ratio) specs? And spring rates

Getting ready to order the front coil over setup, and going over my old (poor) notes. I can't measure the angle of the shock, as my angle finder suffered a catastrophic failure. In my Excel model, I have 2:1. In my hand written notes, and just approximately verified, I have 3:2 from the measurements (roughly 6" ball joint to Shock mount, 18" overall length). Rough measurements, though. I'd need about a 50 degree angle on the shock to make the numbers match. Just doesn't look that close.

ANyone here happen to have a more concrete motion ratio number?

My numbers are centering on about a 550# spring, which seems to be a common number the bolt-on kits have for big blocks. Accounting for a wider front tire, I'll be going a little bit higher.

67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster
      And a couple of 80's Porsches

Hello harry.
      I remember having a conversation with tony,at ABC performance,and he said the motion ratio was about 1.8

I would call him and discuss your needs
      I will tell you a 550lbs coilover spring is a little soft if you plan on doing autocross events,you would be better at 650,or 750lbs if your running a sbc.

...just saw you have a big block,550 is too soft.

Phil
      72 chevelle.

Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      Hello harry.
      I remember having a conversation with tony,at ABC performance,and he said the motion ratio was about 1.8

I would call him and discuss your needs
      I will tell you a 550lbs coilover spring is a little soft if you plan on doing autocross events,you would be better at 650,or 750lbs if your running a sbc.

...just saw you have a big block,550 is too soft.

Phil
      hi ,just saw your post on makeing your own swivlelinks,what bushes did you use in ends?regards

You can check on GM Heritage site but for 66 Chevelle it’s shown as being 1.82:1.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com