Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      I have been making slow progress with the wiring. Mostly looking at things and planning things. The goal is to make the wiring as tidy as possible, while still being accessible for service. I also don't want any wires to be randomly hanging off the engine, so everything that goes to the engine must come through the EFI harness.

This is the hexapus (if that is not a word, it should be) on the driver's side of the Terminator X harness. It extends forward and contains the CTS, cam sensor, TPS, IAC, fuel pressure, and MAT sensor plugs. CTS, MAT, and cam sensors are workable. The TPS and IAC need to be eliminated, and the fuel pressure needs to be stripped out and moved all the way to the rear of the engine. I also need to add the connector for the alternator for the L and S terminals, and route them all the way through into the passenger compartment.

Recently, I was looking through the Delphi (Aptive) catalog and I spotted a few little items that I had never really paid much attention to.

This is a typical Metripack 150 connector. This particular one is for the cam sensor. The white clip is called a TPA (terminal position assurance).

The part pictured below is also a TPA, but it is called a conduit TPA. It serves the same function as a regular TPA, but it has an added enclosure to protect the exposed wires after they exit the connector. I am going to use 4:1 heat shrink tubing to completely seal off some of the more sensitive connectors.

This is the MAP sensor, also with the conduit TPA.

There is a lot happening on the passenger side in terms of wiring. There are the injectors and the coils, and also the shielded cable for the DBW throttle body and three wires for the MAP sensor. I am waiting on some supplies to arrive before I get things fully sorted here.

I also mocked up the Holley mid-mount main casting. This is the bracket that holds all of the accessories in place. I wanted to see what kind of room I have for routing parts of the harness.

There is a nice path and clearance for the cam sensor.

I also mocked up the shaker scoop assembly. Of course with it in place, the wiring is barely visible, but I know it will be good, even if it is not clearly visible.

The last area of concern is the clearance between the intake tube and the AC compressor. I think it will be a tight fit, based on the pictures of a fully assembled mid-mount. If there is interference, I will deal with that later.

That's all for now.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com