Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice! clean and the new jackets look nice,

I dont need anything like that for mine I like the metal and sound deading under the toe boards, creature comforts from the headers, like in the BMW's
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Looks so nice Andrew! Really like that dimpled cover for the down/up pipes.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

The yellow dipstick handle needs to go...

Andrew
      I've used the fancy "billet" aftermarket dipsticks which are a multi-piece deal that have nearly no lead-in on the pan side. Getting good oil level readings was a crapshoot since the lead-in (the bottom end of the guide) does not protrude into the crankcase. This causes the stick to deflect and give poor readings. After changing to a GM dipstick assembly, all is good.

Perhaps see if just the handle can be changed?
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Lokar makes a billet ring to replace the yellow plastic in case you ever wished you could brand your fingertips.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

The whole area behind the rear seat was covered with MLV. It was sad to have to cut into it...

But I needed access so that I could install this...

It is a OEM fuel vapor separator. I plan to vent the tank though this and then into a small charcoal canister. That should keep most of the fuel vapors at bay.

I sealed it against the body with some butyl rope.

Here you can see where the lines exit, just above the rear crossmember.

I also played around with the new gauges.

It is a little frustrating that the Holley gauges are 4" instead of 5", so something has to be done about that...The fuel lever gauge fit great into the 2 1/16" hole.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I run the stock vapor separator in the Camaro and even without the charcoal canister there are no fuel smells. I laugh when people throw them away as "emissions garbage" as they are really well designed and package in a great location.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      I run the stock vapor separator in the Camaro and even without the charcoal canister there are no fuel smells. I laugh when people throw them away as "emissions garbage" as they are really well designed and package in a great location.
      I actually bought this one from a member here who was tearing it out of his 72 Firebird...shhhh...don't tell...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I like to repurpose OEM parts as part of my builds. I am not sure how I ran across this part, but it is from a 2008 Ford F250 with the PowerStroke engine.

This is what Ford uses for the exhaust pressure sensor, and I figured I can use it for the same purpose. In this picture, the tube has been cut and a sleeve installed over the cut. The sleeve ends where the green tape is and where my finger is pointing.

This is the sensor part number. From what I have been able to gather, it is a 0-54psi sensor.

The tube is stainless and 5/16" diameter and it uses 37 degree flares with tube sleeves and nuts at both ends. That size tubing translates to an -AN5, which is not super common. Luckily, I had this 90 degree NPT to -AN5 adapter that I was using on the old tank for the return line. The NPT side has been cut off and Vic turned it down in the lathe to make a -AN5 male weld fitting.

Here you can see where the fitting is going to go. Yes, the first hole was way off...

The whole assembly is bolted to one of the holes on the back of the heads...

and the tube extends down to the crossover pipe...

Once the tube was the right length and clocked correctly, the sleeve was welded to the tube.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I arrived at Vic's this morning and found that he had already stuck the stock dipstick into the lathe and got rid of the ugly yellow dipstick handle.

He also took a piece of Delrin that he had on hand and made a new new dipstick handle, which is much more appealing.

Once the parts were ready, they were cleaned and mated together with some JB Weld.

Much better...

Here it is, in case you didn't notice it.

I also mounted the AC condenser in its location and removed the protective cardboard from the radiator.

I will have the AC and the heater plumbing sorted pretty soon.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I need to get with vic. He does some cool stuff.
      Getting closer

Booooo, no turbo size comparison is official unless it's next to a Mountain Dew can. Nice parts collection so far.
      The bronze Cerakote should look killer. Good call on the 9" rear too. It didn't take long for my perfectly quiet 12 bolt to start whining after a few blast on drag radials.
      What rear gear are you going for?
      What are you using for a heat exchanger?

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa33 View Post
      Booooo, no turbo size comparison is official unless it's next to a Mountain Dew can. Nice parts collection so far.
      The bronze Cerakote should look killer. Good call on the 9" rear too. It didn't take long for my perfectly quiet 12 bolt to start whining after a few blast on drag radials.
      What rear gear are you going for?
      What are you using for a heat exchanger?
      The rear gear is 3.25 and the heat exchanger in front of the radiator is from Frozenboost.com

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Andrew,

What’s the thought process on the exhaust back pressure sensor? What do you want to do with that information? Is it going to be a limit of some type?

Looking good. That cladding really looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2qwk4u View Post
      Andrew,

What’s the thought process on the exhaust back pressure sensor? What do you want to do with that information? Is it going to be a limit of some type?

Looking good. That cladding really looks great.
      It is more for monitoring purposes, more than anything else. I know this system can have some high pre-turbo back pressure. I just want to see what it is, but there isn't much I can do about it.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Great work as usual Andrew. Love the innovation that you continually come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      It is more for monitoring purposes, more than anything else. I know this system can have some high pre-turbo back pressure. I just want to see what it is, but there isn't much I can do about it.

Andrew
      I would be interested to know what the ratio is between exhaust and boost pressure.

Well you could just go ahead and redo it all for twins. :-) nothing like some good mission creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2qwk4u View Post
      I would be interested to know what the ratio is between exhaust and boost pressure.

Well you could just go ahead and redo it all for twins. :-) nothing like some good mission creep.
      This build already has quite a bit of scope creep. I certainly don't need or want more.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Andrew, you are going to have all the data! Love it, and hope that you can give us an overview of how you will use that data when tuning. Or at least as much as you can without giving away trade secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Andrew, you are going to have all the data! Love it, and hope that you can give us an overview of how you will use that data when tuning. Or at least as much as you can without giving away trade secrets.
      Eventually this thing will go on a dyno and that's where the data will be used. One of my local customers has a dyno at his home shop.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I decided that I wanted to rotate the Holley Lo-Ram front to back, which will put the MAP sensors in the front.

The main purpose for rotating the manifold is to clean up the area behind the intake and have the ability to use the stock oil pressure sensor in the stock location. I should have done this at the beginning...

Rotating the manifold involved a bunch of changes. One of them being the plate that holds the boost solenoids. It still fits, but it had to be cut to clear the Bosch TMAP sensor.

I also picked up some AC hose ends locally. The top hose that goes to the condenser is from the compressor.

The lower hose goes to the dryer. I have a new dryer on the way along with a AC pressure sensor, which will replace the binary switch. The AC compressor will be controlled by the Dominator ECU and the HardWire PDM.

I got a 45 degree fitting for the #10 hose that goes from the evaporator to the front port on the compressor. The rear port on the compressor is a #8, and goes to the top of the condenser.

I also took out the dash insert.

With the ash insert out, I will be able to get to all of the wiring and ducting behind the dash, without actually having to pull the dash out. The 3 gauges that are front and center will be the Holley CAN RPM and Speedo, as well as a small fuel level gauge.

The holes on the right will be filled in. The 6.86" Holley Pro-dash will go where the three larger gauges used to be and below that will be two AC vents.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com