Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Loving this thread.

Andrew, what's the part number on that MC?
      It is a Raybestos part number: MC390572

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Hey Andrew I have a question about the pedal ratio. So in my 69 Camaro, I also have 2 holes (top) for Manuel and bottom for power brakes. I modified my master booster mount to 3 degrees which is what DSE reduced angle mount is. The question is, shouldn’t we use the upper (Manuel) hole because of the reduced angle? If we use the lower hole, the angle will be different and might hurt the master, no? That’s at least my thinking. I could be wrong.
      I haven't mocked anything up yet, but I think the angle on the booster is not as critical as the angle on the MC itself. Maybe someone else has some insight into this...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

as long as the pushrod angle into the booster isn't excessive, resulting in binding or rubbing, you should be fine. it is important to make sure the booster and master cylinder are in alignment. definitely use the appropriate pedal hole for your application or you will have issues.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

So in this case what would be the appropriate pedal hole? The lower hole (power) or upper hole (Manuel)?

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      So in this case what would be the appropriate pedal hole? The lower hole (power) or upper hole (Manuel)?
      Whichever hole is appropriate for your brake system. If you are running power brakes, and have the rod attached to the manual hole, you're going to find that you have little to no stopping power.

If you're unfamiliar with the difference, I strongly recommend doing a quick google search on "brake pedal ratio". Using the different holes to fix master cylinder alignment issues is going to set you up for a poorly functioning brake system.

I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of the DSE Camaro master cylinder, but given the number of pro touring Cameras on the forum, I imagine someone has found the right combo.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

I guess your right, you would put it in the power or lower hole to maintain the correct ratio. Since it’s going through a booster and not directly into a master the angle doesn’t matter at that point.

correct...as long as the angle into the booster isn't ridiculous...if I had to guess, the pushrod angle from my pedal into the booster on my C20 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 degrees....maybe. That being said, given the master cylinder is mounted directly to the booster, that pushrod is perfectly aligned.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Some of the upgrade parts are rather mundane. I have always had manual brakes on the GTO, but as the goal for the update is to make the car a little more refined and improver driver comfort, I will be adding power, vacuum assisted brakes.

This is the new MC that I purchased from Tobin at Kore3. Tobin has always been selfless in his sharing of information and back in 2008 I ordered the C6 Z06 front brakes from him. This is the 1" bore RHD S10 master cylinder that I plan to mate with a Tuff Stuff 9" dual diaphragm booster and a DSE reduced angle firewall mount.

Andrew
      Might need to add this to my car Andrew!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I spoke to tech at Wilwood before modifying the mounting brackets on my wagon and was assured that the master cylinder being level is fine.
      Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      I spoke to tech at Wilwood before modifying the mounting brackets on my wagon and was assured that the master cylinder being level is fine.
      That's very good to hear!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thank you

It is a Raybestos part number: MC390572
      Why that one over say a C5 MC? The SAE line fittings? Both at 1" bore with left side outlets.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Thank you

Why that one over say a C5 MC? The SAE line fittings? Both at 1" bore with left side outlets.
      Right...The C5 MC has metric bubble flare ports and the S10 has the SAE inverted flare ports.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Thanks again
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

The latest round of parts isn't exactly sexy, but I feel like they will offer some incremental improvements.

This is a dual 9" diaphragm booster from Tuff Stuff. It will work great with the S10 MC. I also plan to get the DSE low angle bracket.

Since my engine started life as a L92, the valley cover didn't have a vent. The truck engine PCV systems get clean air from the driver's side valve covers and dirty air comes out the passenger valve cover. The LS3 valley cover has a great baffle system in the valley cover and and outlet that can be looped right back into the intake.

This makes for a very clean installation.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

The latest round of parts isn't exactly sexy, but I feel like they will offer some incremental improvements.

This is a dual 9" diaphragm booster from Tuff Stuff. It will work great with the S10 MC. I also plan to get the DSE low angle bracket.

Since my engine started life as a L92, the valley cover didn't have a vent. The truck engine PCV systems get clean air from the driver's side valve covers and dirty air comes out the passenger valve cover. The LS3 valley cover has a great baffle system in the valley cover and and outlet that can be looped right back into the intake.

This makes for a very clean installation.

Andrew
      When you call DSE they sell a seal and plate that will work better than what came with the tuff stuff booster. Not available standalone on their website.

I’m also sure you’ll check this but I had to machine my booster pushrod in that same booster as it would not have let my mc release. Looking forward to following your progress!
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

If anyone is interested, I put my current engine up for sale:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...nd-ECU-harness

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Not much interest in my engine, so it will just probably be a cam swap and call it a day...

Another thing that I plan to do is implement pwm cooling fan control. This is sure easy to do with any Holley EFI system (except Sniper). I can keep my current fans and add a C6 fan controller (probably need two) or I may upgrade the fans to the latest brushless design (I have some Chevy Volt fans that might fit well).

The fan control strategy will also integrate AC and vehicle speed. I have this working on my Cougar already, although without AC integration. Here is a video to see how it works in action:

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Which cam will you go with?
      1968 Cougar - 408, FiTech, AOD, TCI, Currie, RideTech, Wilwood
      1968 Skylark - 462, TKO 600, RideTech, CPP
      1985 Mustang - 04 Cobra/Terminator Swapped
      1988 Mustang - Vortech V3, Boss 327, Magnum, MaximumMotorsports, StopTech

That's a nice setup Andrew, you can't ask for any better control than that.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Yes sir that is sweet!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50 View Post
      Which cam will you go with?
      Good question. I like the cam that's in the Cougar. It's the Summit Ghost cam. If I go "off the shelf" it'll be that one.

If I go custom, it'll be ground by Cam Motion.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com