Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

More than one type of aeroquip push lock hose???

I purchased all the necessary aeroquip fittings I needed for my heater hoses and wanted to use the black push lock hose because I have to use hose clamps at the heater core. It's advertised on kegs summit etc that it's good for 300 degrees. I looked at thier specs in thier catalog and with water it's only good up to 180 degrees!!! I know it would probably be fine but I like to error on the side of caution. Do they make more than one push lock type hose? Anyone use it for heater hoses? Thanks in advance

Attached Images Attached Images    

I just run regular rubber hose for water.
      AN for pretty much everything else.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by c4racer2 View Post
      I just run regular rubber hose for water.
      AN for pretty much everything else.
      Push-lock hose fittings (aka push-lok, push-on, insta-grip and field attachable fittings) lets technicians attach connectors and fittings to hoses in the field for low-pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems such as shop air, general industrial, maintenance and automotive assembly, to name a few.

Country Flag: United States
      Most major hose manufactures have their version of push lock hose. You will find the industrial hose companies might rate theirs up to the 300 degrees you mention due to it being used in oil return and cooler applications. We sold Goodyear/Contitech Instagrip for use as heater hose and had no issues. If you are ever in question go to the manufacture site and find the chemical compatibility chart and cross check to the ingredients in your coolant.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com