Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Tremec T56 Magnum 6sp Problem (Won't engage 1st or 2nd Gears)

I just took my first shack down ride in 69 Corvette Restomod I've been building the last couple of years. It has a 500hp LS3 and a Tuet 1100 Tremec T56 Magnum (2.66 close ratio) 6 speed trans.

Problem......I cannot engage 1st or 2nd gears(engine running or not). All other gears shift great! Trans was rebuilt per the prior owner!
      Anyone have any suggestions of what is causing this problem? Also, I live in the Charlotte, NC area.....anyone know of a transmission company that could trouble shoot this issue.....help!!!!!

Country Flag: United States
      You could try Tick Performance in Mt Airy: http://www.tickperformance.com/

Is the shifter binding? Have you tried pulling it and manually moving the shift selector to the right trying to engage the gears?

There's also RPM Transmissions but they're not "local". Cleetus McFarland of youtube fame uses them for all his T56 transmissions.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Country Flag: United States
      What does it do when you are trying to shift into those gears? Since you can't get it into gear with the car off it shouldn't bey synchro related. Which leaves bent shift forks or trashed gears as most likely. Or possible a small piece of metal blocking the shift fork. I smoked a bearing in my T56 one time and it took out a shim which went floating around the trans and blocked shifting into 3rd.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Country Flag: Canada
      sounds like an assembly error from the rebuild
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com