Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: New member

Hi, Just found your site, and I think it will be a great resource for my build. I've been building my '67 Chevy II sedan for the last 6 years - purchased as a pretty straight shell roller with a problem passenger fender and door. Actually, I've been doing more "buying" than building while it was in body shop jail for the last 5 years! From what I hear, it's not all that uncommon, and I feel like I came out OK because I was "pay as you go" hadn't payed for the unfinished work - the problem was that the guy just disappeared for a while, and I finally got the car back after he surfaced. Whew! People have done worse. I've been fiddling with small stuff on the car for the last year since I got it back, and recently met a great bodyman who I'm confident will actually complete the work. I just retired a couple of years ago, so have been able to spend more time on it, too. I'm signing on as the grunt labor to his art. Knock on wood - I'm on the home stretch to a running car by the spring!
      I've got a Church Boys rack and A-arms and one of their 4-link kits for the back, with Viking shocks all around. We'll be installing the 4-link with my Strange 9" housing & axles 2" narrower than stock over the winter months ahead. I've got a 30 over 4-bolt main 350 built to 10:1 with Edelbrock aluminum heads, Lunati hydraulic roller cam and an Edelbrock ProFlo 4, turning a Bowtie Overdrive 200R4. The Doug TriY headers should help my midrange torque, as I'm building it as a handler, not a drag racer.
      I've never autocrossed but always been interested in getting my feet wet in it - I'm near Sonoma Raceway so will be hitting some track days there, and hoping on getting into the auto x scene - on a fun hobby level. I know I'll be picking your brains for wheel/tire combos, as well as suspension setup (eventually!). Thanks for the admission to your group!!!!
      James

Country Flag: United States

Country Flag: United States
      Hello James, and welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com