Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Wilwood Master with Stock Brake Lines

Hey guys, I just tried placing an order with inline tube for a complete brake line kit. I told them I was running a Wilwood master and their proportioning valve and the rep told me none of their fitting will fit Wilwood stuff. He said I’m better off making my lines from scratch.

Has anyone else had experience with this? Surely there’s a company out there that makes brake lines that fit into Wilwood stuff??

Nevermind, the brake kit I have is specific to a Camaro so it has 3/8-24 inverted flare connections which came stock on all Camaros. So I can use their prebent line kit for a Camaro. Inline tube needs to get better tech support or one that at least asks more questions.

Glad you're good-to-go!
      Your subject title caught my eye because I also have a 1st Gen and a Wilwood BBK and also was looking for a brake line kit. I was told the same thing as you were - sounds like we got the same guy. :-D

In the end, it sounded like there were adapters available if needed and while they weren't sure if the stock rear hard lines would line up - they were at least aware of a flex-line kit. (which I did see at Wilwood.com)

Now to just find those adapters......

I’m supposed to get the brake lines from inline today. I’ll let you know if everything fits. Basically when you order the BBK kit from Wilwood you have to specify which car it’s for. The flex lines that come with the BBK come with the adapters (or at least they did for me).

So I got the brake line kit from inline. It’s model SCCB69D1. The front lines are 3/16” lines with 3/8-24 inverted flare which fits the Wilwood proportioning valve, but the rear line is a 1/4” line so the fittings are larger and don’t fit the master or proportioning valve. So, I’m returning the inline kit and just ordered some nicopp lines and will make my own lines.

I have a chassiworks frame and a Heidts IRS so either way none of the standard lines were following any shapes/contours.

How much line do you need to do a 69 Camaro. Do you need spring wrap for the lines as well?

I bought 25’ of nicopp line and it was more than enough. I also bought the spring wrap to cover all the lines and clamps. Check out my build link below.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com