Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 Firebird - Tire and Wheel size combinations

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on Speedtech Extreme subframe and torque arm combination with a 9" rearend. I need to know where I'm going with the rear tires. Jay from Speedtech recommended 19x10 with a 325 on the rear and 18 or 19 on the front with 275.

I'm looking for recommendations on wheel size and tires - both size and make. I used to have a viper and had PS2.

This car is going to be an LS - 500-600 hp and will 95% street and maybe a little autocross.

Someone told me to stay away from 19's as it is an "off size".

seems to be a lot more wide sizes available in 19's than in 18's

Country Flag: United States
      I have the same car and I'm considering 19's in the back and 18's in the front. It does seem that there are more options for a wider tire in the 19. I'm considering using 325/30ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport in the rear because of the high treadwear spec which is what I'm after for a street driven car.

I am running 18x12 335 in the rear of my wife's 68 Bird

Quote Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
      I have the same car and I'm considering 19's in the back and 18's in the front. It does seem that there are more options for a wider tire in the 19. I'm considering using 325/30ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport in the rear because of the high treadwear spec which is what I'm after for a street driven car.
      I'm looking at the same tire and size for my 68 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com