Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

6.0/6l80e out of a G8 GT into a 67 A-Body?

I'm going to be pulling the 6.0/6l80e out of my 09 G8 GT and putting it into my 67 El Camino. Anyone used the G8 accessory drive in an A-Body swap? I'd like to retain A/C if possible. From what I've gathered, I'll need to use the Holley 302-2 oil pan or the Speed Engineering oil pan. I was going to go with the Speed Engineering headers too. I still haven't decided what I"m going to do for a engine/trans harness if I'm going to attempt to use the factory one or if I'll get a BP Automotive harness.

I was going to go with a Tanks Inc tank, pump, and sending unit too. https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...rod/prd416.htm

Country Flag: United States
      I'm running an LQ4 in my 64. Used an LS1 oil pan but modified my crossmember for clearance. You can retain A/C, looks like G8 uses Corvette accessories? If so, you should be fine. I'm running truck accessories with plenty of room. Have the engine pushed all the way back to the firewall.

Running Tanks Inc tank, only problem I'm having is gas coming through the vent tube, need to add a burp tank or something to keep gas from coming through. Did have rollover valve in vent line but gas kept on closing it and causing pressure to build in tank. Removed rollover valve but am retaining factory vent routing through trunk to prevent gas escaping due to rollover.

When setting your engine in place, make sure you have jack stands under the front a-arms. Putting jackstands back @ the firewall will cause the front to droop causing spacing problems when you get the wheels back on the ground.

I modified truck harness, hid wires, ran through firewall at back of intake, placed ECM over glovebox, and am using truck underhood fuse box, placed behind gauge cluster. Would recommend using a different fuse box, was hard adapting to the car and underhood box doesn't have a large quantity of switched sources.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Thanks for the response, that helps a lot!

What do you think is causing the gas to be pushing out of the vent tube?

Not sure, lot of people on chevelles.com have the problem. There's 2 vents and tanks gives you a tee to connect them. I've thought about using a ebay air/oil separator as a burp box. Since removing the rollover valve and changing it to 3/8" vent hose I'm only smelling gas when I completely fill the tank. Have the oversize tank.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

If you use the holley mounts or a set of dingo sliders you will be able to for sure fit a truck offset front drive kit and keep the low mount ac if you don't mind going to the high mount ac, you can keep the same belt line. Depending on your mount kit that's going to determine where the ac compressor falls. The 302-2 pan will clear just fine, As long as you don't ever plan on running a stroker that's a good move. If you ever want a 4" stroke engine or larger you have to run the Mast pan in the A body.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com