Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I'll chime in with the prepping to move saga. We were looking to build a detached garage and when we found out what others around us paid coupled with some changes we wanted to make to the house we said screw it, lets build what we want. I really only need a nice single bay to do what I need as long as I have enough room to comfortably store/park the rest of the fleet. The new place will have four bays, one is 13 wide x 24 deep next to a 21 wide x 26 deep double and the last is 15 wide x 30 deep and will have a wall separating it from the rest. Now to get the current house emptied and sold.

I have a couple of garage projects to get me through the New England winter. I have two non car related this winter.

One is to help my daughter rebuild her 1999 Ducati M750 so it's ready for her this spring. For us it is the perfect father daughter project. She will learn more mechanical skills and also know her bike inside and out.

The other one is kind of funny. I am putting a big bore kit and cam and variator kit into my wifes Vespa 50cc scooter. It will end up being a rip snorting 78 cc that goes an eye ball bleeding 50 MPH! Well at least it will pull the local hills at faster than a walking pace.....

I actually look forward to the winter projects....I know all the warm weather southerners think we a nuts up here...they might be right!

Cheers, Steve
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      I really only need a nice single bay to do what I need
      Just so you know, I built one that I thought would be suitable for two projects at once. 20x40. It's barely large enough for a single project, once all the tools and whatnot were in place. Since you're in the planning stage, it sounds like your 15x30 is your intended project bay. I'd suggest making it 30x30 for a single project, or at least 25x30. You'll be wanting room for your tools, parts, and room to put stuff you pull off the project during the build. It doesn't take long to use the room up. If it weren't for my shop having concrete walls and being buried halfway into a hillside I'd have the shop enlarged 10 feet deeper and 20 feet wider just so I can work on two things at once. With one project in, the most I can do is oil changes or similar with a second vehicle.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by Motobrewmaster View Post

The other one is kind of funny. I am putting a big bore kit and cam and variator kit into my wifes Vespa 50cc scooter. It will end up being a rip snorting 78 cc that goes an eye ball bleeding 50 MPH! Well at least it will pull the local hills at faster than a walking pace.....

I actually look forward to the winter projects....I know all the warm weather southerners think we a nuts up here...they might be right!

Cheers, Steve
      Sneak to Monster into the Vespa. The scream of terror would be worth the cost
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Had the muffler shop add a resonator to the truck. Vast improvement. It was one that he removes from new Chargers to make them louder. It was surprising how effective it was. No further updates on this one unless someone asks.

Its cold in the shop so while waiting on the warmup figured I'd try my hand at 3D printing. Think I'm getting the hang of it and lots of possibilities.

Name:  3DPrinter.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  101.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzilla View Post
      I have been prepping my house to sell while the market it up. Front yard is done. Back yard is half way there. Still need to do new floors, carpet and interior paint. Too much work and not enough time.
      Got a bit more done on the house. Prepping for interior paint. Fixed the hole in the wall from the water leak and started painting one of the tubs (its pure white, dont let the photo fool you!). Probably going to do a new floor in the same bathroom and then give the other bathroom the same treatment. Not sure whats going to be after that.

Name:  20210123_145244.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  153.4 KBName:  20210123_114907.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  129.6 KBName:  20210127_201551.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  53.9 KB
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Whenever my project stops due to parts or ??, I deep clean another area of the shop. I keep it pretty clean as a rule but dust and dirt get behind things and old parts and junk accumulate. Some out of this air as best I can tell.

Name:  E2C15DB4-1610-40E1-8794-B2C9E29DB11F.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  372.1 KBName:  446D01B7-47F4-4147-A790-98143E41AA97.jpeg
Views: 146
Size:  381.8 KB
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

Traded the wife's Tahoe for a rear wheel drive Durango R/T. Damned hard to find rear wheel drive V8 Durangos in my area. Damned hard to find V8 Durangos at all, for that matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com