Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

T56 Magnum Short Throw Shifters?

Are there T56 Magnum Short Throw shifters out there? I see lots of shifters, but it seems none of them advertise a shorter throw. I thought Bowler had one, but there is no mention of a reduced throw.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I'm wondering the same. I'll be ordering a T56 Magnum F in a month or two and I only see the shifters provided by the companies that sell the transmission to you, but nothing about throw. I like a nice and tight feel.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

The Hurst Blackjack is a short throw shifter, as is the American Powertrain Lightening shifter. The Bowler unit has throws just a bit longer, but is a very nice shifting unit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      I'm wondering the same. I'll be ordering a T56 Magnum F in a month or two and I only see the shifters provided by the companies that sell the transmission to you, but nothing about throw. I like a nice and tight feel.
      Can't comment on it, as I haven't used it but Tick Performance offers a short throw shifter for use with the T56 Magnum F.

Tick Performance Billet Short Throw Shifter for 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird - Tick Performance, Inc.

I wish Pro 5.0 offered a shifter for the T-56 Magnum as I loved the one I had on my F-Body T-56.

David

My buddy just got this when he had his T56 Magnum repaired. It is a short throw, and he loves it compared to stock. I sat in the car and rowed through the gears and it was definitely short and the shifts felt solid. He's only had it in for about 2 weeks, but is real happy with it. Just throwing it out there, I was leaning towards the Bowler piece...

http://cart.hanlonmotorsports.com/hm...magnum-shifter

^^And Bob is a quality guy. He rebuilt/upgraded my T56.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave95Z28 View Post
      I wish Pro 5.0 offered a shifter for the T-56 Magnum as I loved the one I had on my F-Body T-56.
      I had one of those for my T56 and liked it, but i felt it was notchy. On a recommendation I tried the Hawks shifter and liked it better. Maybe they make one for a magnum.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com