Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by TEntem View Post
      In Medicine Hat. Do you have a build thread? Hopefully I can get up there for a car show or race event when this beast is all built

T
      Somewhere on here and ls1tech but super dated. It was a protour deal years ago. Then I went small tire(275) drag radial racing with the car, went a best of 8.7s in the 1/4 and 5.32 in the 1/8. Back to driving and enjoying the car again so its all ripped apart again.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Absolutely love your sense of humor and the build.

I bought some drum brake hubs for my 67 mustang, mustang steve cobra front caliper brackets, and used 04 Corvette Z06 Calipers along with a cobra rotor. All I had to do was drill out the caliper mount holes a little. The Corvette calipers are 2mm wider spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      Somewhere on here and ls1tech but super dated. It was a protour deal years ago. Then I went small tire(275) drag radial racing with the car, went a best of 8.7s in the 1/4 and 5.32 in the 1/8. Back to driving and enjoying the car again so its all ripped apart again.
      That's quick! Not many people make their car's slower, but I totally get the desire to want to get back to driving and not just racing.

DCx
      Absolutely love your sense of humor and the build.

I bought some drum brake hubs for my 67 mustang, mustang steve cobra front caliper brackets, and used 04 Corvette Z06 Calipers along with a cobra rotor. All I had to do was drill out the caliper mount holes a little. The Corvette calipers are 2mm wider spacing.
      Thanks for the compliments! Those brakes look great, more clearance than I would have expected for an 18" wheel, is the cobra rotor 13.2"?

Well not much to update, got the car into the garage last weekend. So spent a couple evenings with my new best friend the mangle grinder removing surface rust. Tried POR 15 metal prep, but .. meh.. I think good ol' mechanical action works better TBH. No word back yet from the machine shop on the heads. And also still waiting on brake calipers to arrive. I'll get the rotors, bearings, etc when I order the engine parts. I have to get a few more measurements of the Nissan 300ZX IRS unit, but it's uh... illegal... to go to someone's house right now in Alberta. (1984?) So that may have to wait for a bit.

Here she is in her home for the next who knows how long.

Name:  PXL_20201205_223534595.md.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  139.6 KB

Started looking at bodywork, most of it is really good, but there are some areas that need work. These 'glass pieces that cap off the rear quarter panels need some fitment work. Can someone tell me what these are called?? haha Anyway, my plan is to bolt and epoxy glue them in place, then add glass filler and shape to fit. Seems to me they are just off in too many different angles to take a different approach, but I'd like to hear y'all's suggestions.

Name:  PXL_20201207_001900223.md.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  199.5 KB
      Name:  PXL_20201207_001938528.md.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  161.7 KB

Also, the PO's body man made these cuts I'm assuming to lower trunk rail because they must have had clearance issues with the Maier racing trunk lid. (I'm guessing the steel was at fault, not the lid?) Those are going to be fun patch panels to make and weld in.

Name:  PXL_20201211_214018020.md.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  108.1 KB

And here's her dirty undercarriage!

Name:  PXL_20201211_214043322.md.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  127.8 KB

Hehehe Mater.

Later Mater!

T

Those brakes look great, more clearance than I would have expected for an 18" wheel, is the cobra rotor 13.2"?
      All sources point to the cobra rotors being 12.9" everyone always refers to them as 13s. I used the C5 calipers because I had them on hand. The pad surface area of the C5 is way larger than the cobra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com