Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Netherlands

C1 Corvette build, ZL1 Caliper/ C6 spindle fitment ?

We are in the beginning stages of a 62 Corvette build with a Art Morrison chassis, they can deliver the chassis with the 2005 and up spindles of the C6/C7 Corvette.
      We bought a ZL1 Camaro as parts car and like to use the braking hardware, the question is, will the ZL1 callipers fit on the C6/C7 spindles or we need to buy/make adapters for it.

Country Flag: United States
      Ahhh..you have stumbled upon the very same issue I have been dealing with. The short answer is no, ZL1 calipers do NOT fit C6 spindles. If you read through my build thread you can see what I have tried and what I ended up going with.

Just read your trip on the brake fitment, very usefull already, AME also delivers the chassis with more conventional spindles, maybe that will be a better choice in this case.
      Buy a set of hubs from Kore3 and use the ZL1 discs and calipers and make my own brackets so everything is a kind of uniform.
      I did notice the different mounting versus the ZL1 and the Z06 calipers, that was why i started this thread.

The ZR1 Corvette Brembo Calipers are almost identical to the ZL1 except the mounting ears are closer to the caliper which makes the spindle mod less aggressive. I plan to paint them black and add the ZL1 decal then clear coat. You may have noticed that I ended up with the grey Corvette calipers on the front later in the thread. Those calipers are intended to be used with the carbon ceramic rotors which are stupid expensive lol I got them to work with the ZL1 hub and rotor on the C6 spindle by modifying the spindle like I did with the ZL1 caliper. Hopefully that all makes sense

Also if you go the route of the bolt on C6 ZR1 caliper you can get girodisc iron rotors that are made to replace the expensive carbon ceramic ones. The rotors & calipers could be bought new for just over 2k and is no hassle involved, which is nice.

Do you have a source for those rotors? I didn't have any luck finding a standard rotor the same dimensions as the carbon ceramic ones.

Oke, for now it seems we go with the Mustang II spindles supplied by AME, i contacted Tobin from Kore3 to supply the aluminum hubs and he is going to figure out the brackets.
      Used Kore3 for several builds and alway's top notch !

I keep you guy's posted.

Wander
      Specialpartz

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com