Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Billet Antenna

Country Flag: United States

Billet Antenna

I have 69 Firebird. Looking to see if anybody knows of a Billet Antenna that can be used on 69 Firebird. Antenna is located passengers side fender. Still want to mount in same spot, just wanting Billet one. Thanks

I'm curious what people may recommend. My 69 Firebird had the power antenna on the rear passenger quarter and I debated deleting it and doing the thin wires on the rear window but I ended up just putting in a new OE replacement. Wish there was a better quality alternative.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      I'm curious what people may recommend. My 69 Firebird had the power antenna on the rear passenger quarter and I debated deleting it and doing the thin wires on the rear window but I ended up just putting in a new OE replacement. Wish there was a better quality alternative.
      Sorry to hijack, but I'm curious why you didn't delete? Following this as I need to replace mine as well, and also considered doing a delete to clean up the body.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

If it had been on the front fender I might have, plus my dash still has the factory button for the power antenna and I didn't want to mess with that either.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I also could use some ideas for a Billet Antenna..... I have an original Power Antenna on the Pass quarter, but thinking about a short angled billet antenna instead....
      Troy
      67GTO

have you tried billet specialties or lokar?
      ...life is too short, live for today, tomorrow isn't guaranteed

This is what I used

Metra 44-UT30B Universal Top Mount Replacement Antenna for AM/FM Bands

Not billet but it is a very thin wire antenna. I then cut it down to around 6” in height. The antenna is hardly noticeable. You can also get it in stainless. This one is black.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com