Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Newb to Forum Keeper of the Mustang

Hello to all, I’m in north New Jersey and starting a full pro touring build on my wife’s grandmothers 67 mustang coupe that she bought brand new! Car is mint except for ratty 6 that has to go.
      I will post pics when i find out how to do it.
      If anyone knows of any companies giving good deals on a complete suspension set up please let me know,maybe there is a group buy situation happening?
      Thanks,AJ

Welcome aboard, AJ! Looking forward to your build thread.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome , but may I make a suggestion?

First, let me say that the premise of Pro-Touring is personalizing vehicles to bring performance and handling closer to modern cars. One thing that bugs me, even though I understand it, is that almost every car ends up with a V8. and there are only so many varieties of V8. Sooo...

Does the ratty old six have to go? I had one in a 70 Maverick. Rebuilt it for performance w/ forged pistons, big compression and cam. was stuck w/ the cast in intake. Not the case now days- there is an aftermarket aluminum head with a couple of good intakes available. I bought one. from posting on another forum-

"Toying with the idea myself. Many years ago, in another life (and two states ago), I built what was at that time a semi trick 200 inch six, using the then available knowledge. TRW forged pistons, big cam, LOTS of compression. Got it stuck in the car then the recession of 1981 hit. I moved out of state for work (the fact that it was a different police jurisdiction didn't hurt). Eventually, the engine was removed from the car and stuck under my Mom's deck. A dozen years latter I got the "You're married and have your own house so get your damn stuff out of mine" speech, so I carted the engine down to Cali, where it now resides. "

So just to tickle your imagination-

Name:  triple su inline ford.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1497 (640x480).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  49.1 KB

Take a trip over to fordsix.com

Or hows about an ecoboost?

Just like seeing something besides a V8 nestled between fenders...
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Name:  IMG_0887.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  155.4 KB
      Not a V8, but lots of fun.

Welcome to the site AJ! You gotta know... we like pictures, so be sure to send plenty.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

www.mustangstofear.com is the BEST by far when it comes to suspension parts, and much more for classic mustangs. They also have a forum on there with lots of helpful info. Also, their customer service is unmatched!
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote