Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      I hate to argue with you, but it did work for me. The latch isn’t adjustable. Just screws in with 3 screws. The striker I left a little loose.

Country Flag: United States
      I prefer to hang doors without the striker installed fwiw. That way I know the striker and latch aren’t affecting the door height. I don’t install the striker and latch until the car is painted and weatherstrips installed.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

You guys def have more experience than I do at doing it the right way. I just can’t and don’t know how I would be able to get that 1/8” plate to bend like that without a metal break/bender.

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      You guys def have more experience than I do at doing it the right way. I just can’t and don’t know how I would be able to get that 1/8” plate to bend like that without a metal break/bender.
      Vise and a hammer. And heat if you want
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

Door Spacer Plates

I made a prototype today. I will have one of my fabricators make me some a little cleaner than mine this week. Im not much of a welder but I can stick stuff together.

Sinister, what actually sets the gap? The bottom of the door or the 1/8 flat bar sitting on top of the radiused lip of the rocker that door sits on? Also you can cut small slits in the back of the flat bar to help bend it easily but it makes it weak Ideally it would need to be welded back up. Thats what I did. Not purdy but functional. Pic to come

Appling

Quote Originally Posted by Appling Prostreet View Post
      I made a prototype today. I will have one of my fabricators make me some a little cleaner than mine this week. Im not much of a welder but I can stick stuff together.

Sinister, what actually sets the gap? The bottom of the door or the 1/8 flat bar sitting on top of the radiused lip of the rocker that door sits on? Also you can cut small slits in the back of the flat bar to help bend it easily but it makes it weak Ideally it would need to be welded back up. Thats what I did. Not purdy but functional. Pic to come

Appling
      Hard to explain the last part of the rocker before it curves down to the exterior has an extra piece of the 1/8” bar welded on top making it 1/4”. And the piece of the hanger that points up is angled exactly to match the angle of the rocker so that the door and rocker have a smooth flat transition. I really need to find them to take a side pic.

On making them you can use one of those profile guages and press it on your rocker then cut small pieces of the bar stock put them up to the profile guage and then put a magnet on it to hold them in place then remove profile guage and tack the pieces together
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      ridetech rear 4-link

pics of mine

not pretty but hopefully functionalName:  IMG_3936.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  117.0 KBName:  IMG_3932.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  161.1 KBName:  IMG_3931.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  98.5 KBName:  IMG_3938.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  117.4 KBName:  IMG_3937.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  115.6 KB

- - - Updated - - -

not sure why pic 2 and 3 are upside down

Looks good just cut the piece down a little that sticks up so u dont scratch the **** outta ur doors
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      ridetech rear 4-link

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnister69 View Post
      Looks good just cut the piece down a little that sticks up so u dont scratch the **** outta ur doors
      Thanks I hope they're right. Will find out tonight.

I will probably cut those down and I was thinking about Plastic Dip On that part and down where the door sits in the valley. Only a few mills enough to protect the paint and not raise the door. I’ll probably only use these for mock up to make sure sheet metal lines up before paint and then drill small alignment holes like cleco holes so door goes back exactly where it was

Thats a great idea
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      ridetech rear 4-link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com