Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

79 c3 custom exhaust question

I recently purchased 4in side pips for my 79 c3 love the look and sound but I now have a curfew in my neighbourhood of 9 10 pm self imposed. I was looking at baffles but didn't want to loose power all the time the car currently makes around 500hp. My idea came from the Harleys exhaust with a baffle in the straight pipe with a cut out. My question is with a 4 in exhaust if I ran a 3 in straight pipe with 1 in baffle around it the 3 in straight pipe with the cutout open hopefully can handle the flow at high rps along with a small portion that still will go through the baffle. With only roughly one inch baffle that's 4in outer and 3in inner and the cutout closed will it flow enough for cruising in town when I am trying to be quite. I now the dimensions ar not going to be 4in and 3 in exactly and i will lose the area to the thickness of the pipe. Any input or reference material would be appreciated as IAttachment 181085 will most likely be building this insert from scratch and will have to dyno to see if its worth keeping.

thanks

Attached Images Attached Images  

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com