Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

HELP! Wilwood Competition Orange Paint Code (Or Something close to it) ?

Hey Guys,

I have a new motor sitting at paint and I was planning to do wilwood brakes in "competition orange" and I wanted to paint the motor block to match.

The dilemma arises as I called the tech guys @ wilwood wont give me the paint code because its "proprietary" and after some follow-up calls they just said its a color they powder coat and simply can't provide any info to match it.

When I asked for additional pics on customer cars etc they said all the can offer is whats on youtube/website.

Not the best customer service experience but it is what it is i guess.

The only place I could find a paint reference is on a older post on this forum.

Problem is the youtube color, wilwood website color, and the post color all look slightly different!

Has anyone used this color with wilwood before and has a paintcode to match (or something close).

Would really love to paint the motor to match but Im about to say to hell with it and just paint it black

https://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/ColorSelect?id=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHqzjf47hY ---> Fast fwd to 1:37

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...n-the-UK/page2

A quality paint shop will have a paint matching device to get you in the ballpark. From there on out you can do a test panel to make adjustments.
      Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaints1115 View Post
      A quality paint shop will have a paint matching device to get you in the ballpark. From there on out you can do a test panel to make adjustments.
      Agreed problem is motor is at paint now and calipers just got ordered with a 2-3 week time. Would have made sense to get them in advance and send them to paint shop but botched that one unfortunately

Country Flag: United States
      Well there is no way to be sure - except to wait until the calipers come and have them scanned and a mixing code determined. Honestly, on my screen the Wilwood calipers look Race Hemi Orange to me == but then again who can really tell... In person things can look very different.

If you want it done right - just wait for the calipers to show up
      1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe 350 / 350 auto

1968 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara 8-71 Blown 440 / 4-speed

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L / 5-speed

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed