Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Newb

Country Flag: United States

Newb

Long time lurker , great cars , threads , info. Wanting to pull the trigger on a first gen fbody roller soon. I got fab skills , been welding forever. I found a 67 roller that’s been back halved, no sheet metal from behind the front seats back for a decent price. Just looks like 2x3 and a roll bar. My question is has anyone converted a back halved/pro street rig back to stock frame rails, floor pan , trunk and mini tubs. Looks like all the pieces are available to order, just a bit of work. Probably should just save more and buy a stock roller , but wondering if people convert a back halved rig to stock. I do have large garage and welder/tools ect to do that work. Thanks and awesome forum.

if its already cut up, why convert back to stock? just yank the drag stuff out and build a nice 3 link rear setup and build a great PT car.. bend your own trans tunnel and rear floor sheets, sounds like an ideal start

and welcome to the forum

Thanks rod. Thinking the same. Maybe truck trailing arms ?

I agree with Rod, not a bad place to start at all so long as you're open to doing some sheet metal work. I've essentially back halved my car to stick an IRS in there haha, so I would've saved myself some time had I started where you are.
      I'd look into lateral dynamics 3 link, they're well sorted out and have recently came out with a new design.

Welcome, I agree with everyone. Jump in and build it from scratch, you can do it....

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Welcome! You'll surely get some more good tips and leads here.

So I picked up the cut up 67. She’s got a lot of rust and looks like someone started a back half / pro street and then let it sit outside for 20 years. I’ve been reading suspension threads on here for days. I’m thinking of going narrowed 9’’ with a 18x12 on a 315 to 335 rear tire. Probably go triangulated 4link or 3link. Just been researching. Need to order some sheet metal soon. That will keep me busy for a bit. Oh , and thinking ride tech front with stock subframe on 18x10. I might do a small notch/narrow the subframe in front and behind the arms were tire could contact. Anyways, thanks .

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com