Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Too bad these idiots (and yes you know who you are) can't just get a real job like the rest of us. A few years ago I was on the "being played" end of a Publishers Clearing House giveaway. I answered the phone, and was told I had won the PCH sweepstakes. They were very nice, but when I looked at the ID of the number calling, it was from Kingston, Jamaica. Yes, I had fun with them. I acted like I was blown away that I had won etc. They asked me to go to my local Krogers and get a Western Union Moneygram and send them $135. I told the guy just take the $135 out of what they were going to send me and cut me a check. Ironically, he told me that would be fraud. I told him to wait just a minute and I would run to Kroger and get the Moneygram. The idiot said ok, I'll just hang on. Really? I laid the phone down and went about doing what I was doing and finally he hung up. Go figure.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The recent scam attempts have been coming not in the For Sale ads, but through PM messages.

Andrew
      yep, I have seen that also, I do PM many folks though, I don't think there is a way to weed out scams, I guess look at who you are dealing with and the profile, number of post and actual responses, is it all sales BS or are they a contributor to the overall forum

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      I don't know if I agree with that....its not uncommon for people to join simply to sell some parts. The buyers just need to be "smart" about the dealings. Scams are all over...even on Ebay/FB/CL and I'm even starting to get scam Paypal emails....And here we say voter fraud is a impossibility lol.

If someone can't Posts a few times, they don't need to be here - plenty of other places to Scam people

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      If someone can't Posts a few times, they don't need to be here - plenty of other places to Scam people

Haha....this place doesn't give too much opportunity to post with the lack of traffic. This is most action I have seen here all week!
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Country Flag: Canada
      Maybe some members need to pull up their shorts and post more ( including me ) lol then we can have other things to talk about ??
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Frank, the same guy pm’d me too as you can see. He said the same thing to me about Zelle, etc and how he could ship out so fast. I caught on to his game when I asked for pics. Then he got shaky and it seems as if he sent me some stolen pics too. I asked him what city and where he was from. He then asked me “what do you mean?!” At that point I knew he was a scammer.

509, I've gotten probably half a dozen PMs written very similarly to that one you posted. I was just deleting them, but after I realized they are likely trying to scam others I've been reporting them.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I had a guy try to scam me out of one of my cars. He told me that he couldn't come out and see the car but, by the pictures he really wanted to buy my car. He said that he was going to send me a cashier's check, with some extra money for my troubles, and once I receive the check, I was suppose to notify him so he can send a person to pick up my car in order to ship it to him. He said that he was very busy with work and traveling a lot, and he said that he worked for the government and he couldn't say anything about his work. I actually did receive a cashier's check and it looked "very real" and had the extra $400 dollars like he said it would. The cashier's check was made out from Chase Bank so I called them to verify the validity of the check and Chase Bank said that none of the numbers matched any of their accounts nor did the routing and the ABA numbers match, nor did they have any customer with the name that was listed on the check. I did nothing at that point nor did he ever contact me again. He just vanished.

I wonder how long would it have taken for the check to bounce and I be notified by my bank that the check was bunk. Thank god that I didn't fall for it. The red flags in this deal went up when he said that he didn't have time to come look at the car and he went by the pictures, and offered extra money, and of course the usual bull**** story about being too busy with work. If he was that busy why was he looking on-line for a car in the first place and with his traveling all the time for work why would he need a car.

Also, I noticed all the grammatical errors in his writing, was another clue. If he was a business traveler I would think that he would be at least be educated and know how to write in properly in English. I'm sure if I notified him so he can have someone come and pick up my car, my car would have been on a boat going to some non-english speaking country.

At least he didn't try to do the gift card or bit coin transaction thing. The fake check thing was a good one. I wonder how many have fallen for that scam.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

If anyone ever gets these PMs just report it and we will ban them immediately.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Speaking of scams, a director with the company I work for got the SSA scam, he liquidated assets, took out 401K money, emptied out his bank accounts and never told his wife, went to the federal building to turn himself in and they were like "what are you talking about, you're not wanted" big problems in his life now!!

So, remember the phone scams to, and the SSA and IRS we only contact you by mail or in person if you've done wrong!!!!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      If anyone ever gets these PMs just report it and we will ban them immediately.
      I believe this is another one...very odd that he typed the name exactly like I posted it

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  35.3 KB
      '67 Camaro SS - Currently in build stage but making progress!
      **Brett**

I looked at some posts for juzzt565 and it looks like a legit account.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by nokones View Post
      I had a guy try to scam me out of one of my cars. He told me that he couldn't come out and see the car but, by the pictures he really wanted to buy my car. He said that he was going to send me a cashier's check, with some extra money for my troubles, and once I receive the check, I was suppose to notify him so he can send a person to pick up my car in order to ship it to him. He said that he was very busy with work and traveling a lot, and he said that he worked for the government and he couldn't say anything about his work. I actually did receive a cashier's check and it looked "very real" and had the extra $400 dollars like he said it would. The cashier's check was made out from Chase Bank so I called them to verify the validity of the check and Chase Bank said that none of the numbers matched any of their accounts nor did the routing and the ABA numbers match, nor did they have any customer with the name that was listed on the check. I did nothing at that point nor did he ever contact me again. He just vanished.

I wonder how long would it have taken for the check to bounce and I be notified by my bank that the check was bunk. Thank god that I didn't fall for it. The red flags in this deal went up when he said that he didn't have time to come look at the car and he went by the pictures, and offered extra money, and of course the usual bull**** story about being too busy with work. If he was that busy why was he looking on-line for a car in the first place and with his traveling all the time for work why would he need a car.

Also, I noticed all the grammatical errors in his writing, was another clue. If he was a business traveler I would think that he would be at least be educated and know how to write in properly in English. I'm sure if I notified him so he can have someone come and pick up my car, my car would have been on a boat going to some non-english speaking country.

At least he didn't try to do the gift card or bit coin transaction thing. The fake check thing was a good one. I wonder how many have fallen for that scam.
      I had a guy try this for an air compressor I sold.

Same deal, send me a check then send a guy to pick it up..

I said Great! send your guy the check, have him cash it, and then bring me the money when he picks it up. Fkn idiots...

I actually enjoy messing with them now.

Country Flag: Canada
      i have 10,000 acres of prime ocean front property in north dakota , 10 bucks an acre, you pick the lot size , please mail me cash lmao
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Sucks that’s life altering situation there

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      I looked at some posts for juzzt565 and it looks like a legit account.
      It may be, but he hasn’t been back on since sending me that message, and I suddenly started getting very random trash emails. You’re the moderator but I’m saying it’s shaky at best
      '67 Camaro SS - Currently in build stage but making progress!
      **Brett**

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      i have 10,000 acres of prime ocean front property in north dakota , 10 bucks an acre, you pick the lot size , please mail me cash lmao
      Which ocean? This is a smokin' deal!!!
      Matt H.

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellow69 View Post
      Which ocean? This is a smokin' deal!!!
      probably both of them. lol
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Any good pheasant hunting on those 10,000 acres?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com