Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: Sweden

FENIX Pontiac Firebird 67. it will rise again

Now the FENIX project begins. It's a Pontiac Firebird 67 that burned up. No insurance . I start with an empty shell. My thoughts on the construction are a car that can be driven hard and runs like hell. Updated suspension and better brakes. furnishings become something in the middle between new and old. Of course I will keep the old engine. There is no better sound than an old v8. The engine should be tuned with a stroker package and some fun cylinder heads and maybe a little NOS. This is what I have to start with. Here it has barely cooled down
      Attached Images Attached Images      

WOW.... That is tough to see :( Gotta give you credit to even think about rebuilding it!
      I agree... the old V8 Ponchos had their own wonderful sound

Now I have brought home the car and can finally start building. I start by picking off all the parts so I can see how extensive the damage is. Say what you want, but even if it's burned up, it's a cool car

Country Flag: United States
      Hope your build goes well, and reasonably quick.

ohhhh... lets build a full tube frame set the 650hp LS engine back into the fire wall, get the weight balance around 52 rear 48 front install a sweet IRS, paddle shift and sequential transmission, carbon the hell out of everything if it has to be replace or repaired it better get modified

Rod it sounds like a cool car. But I'm not going to drive the track with my car and I probably do not have the money for it. The advantage of a giant car fire is that you see all the faults with the car. I'll probably have to change the roof. It was clear that there was a vinyl roof on the car when it was new

If you're keeping the Pontiac, then Butler Performance, Kauffman Racing, and SD Performance are some of the best in the business. As a matter of fact, I'd recommend SD Performance CNC ported heads (either Edelbrock or KRE - maybe consult SD for recommendation). http://www.sdperformance.com/listPro...?categoryID=31.

Go roller cam or hydraulic roller (ditch the hyd. flat tappet). And upgrade to a Holley Sniper EFI setup for a mix of old/new school.

And if you trim the shroud down slightly on a Lincoln MARKVIII electric fan, it'll fit very nicely to the radiator. I mounted mine updside down from how it mounts in a Lincoln, to offset it to the accessory drive pulley and it worked perfectly.

Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      ohhhh... lets build a full tube frame set the 650hp LS engine back into the fire wall, get the weight balance around 52 rear 48 front install a sweet IRS, paddle shift and sequential transmission, carbon the hell out of everything if it has to be replace or repaired it better get modified
      Makes me want to go light my car on fire.

Kudos to you!

Many, if not most people, would be heartbroken and give up. I commend you on moving forward and looking at this as an opportunity rather than dwelling on the loss. I'm looking forward to your build!

Looking forward to the progress. Where are you located?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

68Formula. Of course I keep my 400 Pontiac. I've looked at Buttler a bit and they seem to know what they doing.I hope to have money for a stroker package 461 with forged base and some high flowing cylinder heads. I aiming for 600 hp and maybe a little NOS on it
      72-ss-396 of course it was very unfortunate but this is going to be a lot of fun. I live near Gothenburg in Sweden. The car is taken down and the engine is lifted out. Now the sheet metal job begins and I am a beginner at it.

A new day in the workshop. Today it was the rear axle that I picked down to order parts. It will probably be Strange axles and a new Eton differential clutch and new bearings and 3.73 in gear. I will soon order a Tremec T56 magnum close ratio, Then it probably fits well with that gear ratio

Do you know what caused that fire? That's never a good sight...

What is that rear out of? Looks like a bigger car like an Impala. Great project, keep us all posted. Nice to see that you're staying with the Pontiac power. I've always had this crazy idea to retrofit LS crank and cam sensors to a Pontiac motor and run either a stock ECU or now the Terminator X.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

ryeguy2006a
      Fuel line broke. Burn like hell
      It is a camaro first gen rear axle that have mounts from an early Impala. Just cut off this mounts. There are new mounts on the way from ridetech

This is the first job on the body. When the car burned, there was a big heat dent. I could not cut with the angle grinder. I had to drill instead. After welding, it became like this. Soon there will be new challenges

Don't know what shipping would be to Sweden, but...

https://www.npdlink.com/product/quar...ge/110497/8300
      https://www.npdlink.com/product/quar...ge/110498/8300
      https://www.npdlink.com/product/roof...on/110343/1986

Alternatively, it looked like they had everything you'd need to make it a convertible if you wanted.

There is hope. I have found sheet metal under all the brown ****

Vimes. I will try to weld in a new piece where there is rust. I have the roof and front fender

This car once had a vinyl roof. It's rust here. Just cut off the panel. The weekend is saved

Hello again. a little update on what I've been doing since last time. I have replaced the right and left side where the vinyl roof met the rear fender. It was not easy to weld. The plate was quite thin and I burned through several times. I'm a beginner at this and I hope it holds. I'm getting better and better

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com