Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

fix it friday!!!

ready to start building? need the right gear? a tested and raced package that has Detroit speed, ridetech and Viking gear in it!!

Name:  rs=w_600,h_600 (1)a.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  12.0 KB

67-69 F-Body Pro-Touring Package

Name:  rs=w_600,h_600 (1).jpg
Views: 349
Size:  87.8 KB

order it here for just $4200

1967-1968-1969 F-Body Pro-Touring Package - by Suspension Geek

I work personally with you to select spring rates for the goal of your project

you can add a ton of options to build the perfect protouring car,

You can add the tru turn so you can run a fatty 9.5 inch wide rim, oh yes!! and a choice of rear sway bars if you want!! the ridetech rear bar is great if you have a FAT 335 tire or you can pick the geek bar, actually David Pozzi designed this one years ago and Helwig built it for him I have used one for 10 years it has 3 adjustment holes allowing you to select traction for different tracks!

and Finally if you want to squeeze the last 10th out of the car when your slaying the competition at the track, upgrade to the triple adjust shock packages, we offer both the NEW! Viking Triple or the Fox/Ridetech remote canister Triples

• 1967-1969 Camaro/ Firebird coil over package includes everything you need to completely upgrade your existing suspension
      • Package contains the best from many companies:
      • Ridetech front upper and lower control-arms
      • Ridetech tall spindles
      • Detroit Speed Sway Bar (1.125 thick tubular) 1532 pound rate
      • Ridetech rear triangulated 4-Link
      • Viking Warrior double adjustable coil over shocks (all four corners)
      • Tall spindles will create more negative camber gain to maximize tire contact patch during cornering
      • Double adjustable shocks allow fine tuning with the compression and rebound knobs to improve handling and create a smooth ride
      • High Rate sway bar helps control body lean (1532 lb/in.)
      • 4-Link replaces the leaf springs to update the ride and handling
      • Tubular control arms create positive caster gain, improves suspension stiffness

Hey Rod,

In your experience, how does the performance/ride of the Viking shocks compare to the Ridetechs?
      - Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by stab6902 View Post
      Hey Rod,

In your experience, how does the performance/ride of the Viking shocks compare to the Ridetechs?
      either shock is the very best out there you can't go wrong with either, that's the truth, you can order the vikings custom tuned for your purpose, just like the HIGHER END gear without the HIGH end price, so when you order the Vikings talk to your sales guy and he can get you the right Valving

my car
      Name:  1462777_10202315149790569_1935741991_o.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  176.0 KB

before the vikings I tried many different Twin tube shocks, QA1, Vari Shock, strange and a few others they all sucked!!!they were a step up from the KYB and Monroes, but its a baby step,

racing Hotchkis gear, winning goodguys Scottsdale
      Name:  331242_4921060154772_975142065_o.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  155.6 KB

Later I raced for hotchkis and we used a bilstein, and then I started using a competitor's Mono tube the car was faster and better so all of Hotchkis upgraded to what they sell now, and then I switched to ridetech and drove for them first on singles, and then triples some of the best shocks EVER!!

installing Ridetechs gear
      Name:  GEDC0485_zps05ab89a9-1.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  206.3 KB

after I left ridetech Viking approached me and asked if I would try there shock, Chris explained this and that about there new valving and seals, I put them on they had big shoes to fill, hell I won some great races on the ridetech gear, I installed them and went to an event, man I was impressed, great range of adjustability, smooth ride, on the high end the rebound is aggressive like needed and compression is force full like you want, but turn it down and it can ride sweet like a euro sports car, I still run them... not those same ones but I do run the Viking gear on my own builds

BOOM!
      Name:  13603579_10209929655068442_8927065108460019816_o.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  108.9 KB

Thanks for the feedback Rod! I've used most of the shocks you mentioned, but not the adjustable twin tubes. I wouldn't have expected such a big difference between the Vikings and other adjustable twin tubes (QA1, VariShock, Aldan American, etc).
      - Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by stab6902 View Post
      Thanks for the feedback Rod! I've used most of the shocks you mentioned, but not the adjustable twin tubes. I wouldn't have expected such a big difference between the Vikings and other adjustable twin tubes (QA1, VariShock, Aldan American, etc).
      I wouldn't have either, but I tried them and really the only two shocks I would buy are the ridetech and Viking even the wife's car has them, and she drives the snot out her car

Name:  45240860_10155625802865807_2522994330906394624_o.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  190.4 KB

Really the shock tech in the last 13 years has jump tremendously, much like tire tech has changed HUGE!! as the tires have created more grip it exposed the stagnate shock brands out there and they have fallen behind, its that simple, its not about RACING its about vehicle control, better tire, more grip, more grip needs a better shock to control it, better shock forces the suspension companies to revamp there geometry to take advantage of the grip and control.,,, it a great big domino effect

Thoughts on the AFCO doubles for PT cars Rod?
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

wheels

on the white one thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjz View Post
      on the white one thanks
      the wheels at that time were coys, and then later that style became the MB old schools..

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Thoughts on the AFCO doubles for PT cars Rod?
      is there a certain model? afco make several levels also in mono and twin tubes, as they have to build certain models to fit within rules of the serviced sport.... if I remember they make over 1700+ different levels of mono tube shocks, and 600+ levels of twin tube shocks

I worked closely with a friend on his 69 camaro and he ran the afco pro tour elite, the 32 series with remote canister, great shock, great range of adjustment, he has run them for about 10 years now with a bunch of autocrosses and some cross country drives from coast to coast, no issues and no leaks, the valving is a bit soft now that the springs have gotten heavier to handle the stickier tires, but a good shock
      Last edited by Rod; 12-08-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Afco

Name:  AFCO%203840F.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  21.6 KBName:  AFCO%203870R.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  20.8 KB

203840f & 203870r
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

got those plain jane coys on my nova
      Name:  nova 1-1-19.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  515.7 KB

DANG!!! those look sweet on your Nova!

Quote Originally Posted by silo84 View Post
      got those plain jane coys on my nova
      Name:  nova 1-1-19.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  515.7 KB