Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1968-72 Chevelle Door Lock Actuator Installation Kits

We are pleased to announce the release of more door lock actuator installation kits. These new kits are for 1968 and 1969-72 Chevelles. Like all of our actuator installation kits, these connect the actuator directly to the latch itself instead of the lock rod that exits through the top of the door panel. These kits were designed to work with our MI 700 Keyless Entry Kits. Each kit includes laser cut powder coated steel brackets, 304 stailess steel rods, mounting hardware and detailed installation instructions with templates.

Part number MI 940 fits 1968 Chevelles.
      Part number MI 950 fits 1969-72 Chevelles.

Name:  MI 940.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  93.5 KBName:  MI 950.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  70.4 KB
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

Any pictures of an install, I'm interested but it's hard to figure out where these will mount.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenq View Post
      Any pictures of an install, I'm interested but it's hard to figure out where these will mount.
      Both kits mount the bracket below the door latch. The connection point for the rods are different on the two kits due to the crash bar inside the door on the 1970-72 (the latches are the same on the 1969-72). The 1968 connection point is on the opposite side of the latch. Below are pictures of the two kits installed. The outer door skin has been removed for both pictures. On the kit for the 1969-72 (MI 950) the crash bar on the inside has been cut out so that the install can be seen clearly.

MI 940

Name:  FIGURE 6  Mi 940.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  91.1 KB

MI 950

Name:  FIGURE 7  MI 950.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  100.6 KB
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

Thanks for the pictures, I have been having issues with my actuators slipping on the door lock rod over time, these will solve that issue, just placed an order.

Thanks for the pictures, I have been having issues with my actuators slipping on the door lock rod over time, these will solve that issue, just placed an order.
      Thank you. That is the exact reason we developed all of our actuator installation kits. Eventually, all of those clamps that come with the aftermarket actuators become loose and slip.
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

Cool stuff.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd71 View Post
      Cool stuff.
      Thanks Stu.
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

I installed this kit this weekend and I'm impressed, the kit is well thought out and came with everything that you'll need. I used this kit with the spal actuators that I had, I also tested it with some cheap actuators I had and they fit the brackets too. The door locks are more quiet and sound more oem now. I'll be ordering a kit for my c10 next.

I installed this kit this weekend and I'm impressed, the kit is well thought out and came with everything that you'll need. I used this kit with the spal actuators that I had, I also tested it with some cheap actuators I had and they fit the brackets too. The door locks are more quiet and sound more oem now. I'll be ordering a kit for my c10 next.
      Thank you for the kind words about our kit. I look forward to your order on the C10 kit.

Thanks again.
      Shannon

Modo Innovations
      940-391-9002

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com