Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 2.5 vs 3

Country Flag: United States

2.5 vs 3

Good afternoon everyone,

I broke a hangar on my exhaust and unfortunately, I think that might be the last straw for this system.

Car is a g body with an NA LS3/tremec magnum. On the dyno the car made 500.1/475 at 5900/4xxx to the tire through a 2.5" exhaust.

Now that its time to redo the exhaust, I'm looking for opinions on 2.5" vs 3" pipe. Thank you

At your power level a 3" should be of benefit, but I'm not sure what system you presently run or the noise level you are accustomed to.

3" pipes tend to be louder, so there is a tradeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance View Post
      At your power level a 3" should be of benefit, but I'm not sure what system you presently run or the noise level you are accustomed to.

3" pipes tend to be louder, so there is a tradeoff.

Thank you. Current system is 2.5" with an x pipe and borla pro xs mufflers, exiting behind the rear tires

Run 3" through the mufflers and then reduce to the 2.5" tailpipes you already have. Will make the same power with less increase in noise (assuming you also run an X pipe and 3" Pro XS mufflers).
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com