Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fuel injector recommendation

Seeing as my own project is stalled out, my dad has asked me to replace the 5.3L in his truck with a 6.6L. Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced 42lb fuel injector for a Chevy Gen3 engine? Ideally it's something that will fit on a 2001 Silverado without any adapters or anything. The engine should be ready by Thanksgiving, so I have a little time, and I'd prefer new.

That Packard 4 tab connector and Multec 2 short outline is not a common one at all. I looked through our application database and the most readily available injector I can see with the same outline is for a 2000-2003 Chevy S10, which is 23 lb/hr.

If you can space the fuel rails higher for a taller injector, the 1998 - 2002 Honda passport has the same connector but will flow 26 lbs/hr

You really need to convert over to an Amp or USCAR connector to open up your injector options.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
      That Packard 4 tab connector and Multec 2 short outline is not a common one at all. I looked through our application database and the most readily available injector I can see with the same outline is for a 2000-2003 Chevy S10, which is 23 lb/hr.

If you can space the fuel rails higher for a taller injector, the 1998 - 2002 Honda passport has the same connector but will flow 26 lbs/hr

You really need to convert over to an Amp or USCAR connector to open up your injector options.
      John speaks words of wisdom.

I would swap over to a LS7 injector, but as John said, it will need a USCAR connector. The USCAR connectors and terminals are readily available, so with a decent crimping tool and some care, changing the connectors is not a big deal.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I fear no wiring project, so I'll look into that. Thanks.

You could send your factory injectors out to get reflowed. People are "decapping" the factory injectors to turn them into 64lb/hr setups. Only difference in the flow rates are the diameter of the holes in the end cap.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Unfortunately, my father passed away from a heart attack last week. I've cancelled the project and the truck is now gone.

Thanks. It was a real shock even though it was kind of expected. His health had been declining for the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Unfortunately, my father passed away from a heart attack last week. I've cancelled the project and the truck is now gone.
      My condolences.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com