Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 Camaro Procar XL install

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in years as i mostly use this site for information. Today i have something to share that could help others or others may have a better solution to the problem i faced. I ditched my cherry stock seats because they weren't comfortable and unsupportive. I decided to buy Procar XL's with the matching rear bench covers. I owned Procars 20 years ago, I have friends who have them but no one i know had this problem this severe. I also purchased the procar seat brackets. after the normal cutting needed on the sliders, i mounted in the seats. Only to find i couldn't adjust the seat to where i needed due to the seat retractor interfering with the seat. Yes i did my own thing and went with just white seats and all black interior. I like it. lol
      anyways i'll post up the pictures. There were 2 ways of dealing with it. Either , i replace the seat retractor with short rear seat belt or, i flip the seats. meaning driver to passenger and so on. here's what the problem was and how i chose to deal with it.
      i can't figure out how to reduce the size of my pictures sorry . I hope you can see the pics. Tell me your thoughts. Thanks Will
      Attached Images Attached Images                

Seat belts

We have 3 points with brackets that will clear your seat recline lever.
      Morris Classic Concepts

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by willss69 View Post
      Hi everyone, I haven't posted in years as i mostly use this site for information. Today i have something to share that could help others or others may have a better solution to the problem i faced. I ditched my cherry stock seats because they weren't comfortable and unsupportive. I decided to buy Procar XL's with the matching rear bench covers. I owned Procars 20 years ago, I have friends who have them but no one i know had this problem this severe. I also purchased the procar seat brackets. after the normal cutting needed on the sliders, i mounted in the seats. Only to find i couldn't adjust the seat to where i needed due to the seat retractor interfering with the seat. Yes i did my own thing and went with just white seats and all black interior. I like it. lol
      anyways i'll post up the pictures. There were 2 ways of dealing with it. Either , i replace the seat retractor with short rear seat belt or, i flip the seats. meaning driver to passenger and so on. here's what the problem was and how i chose to deal with it.
      i can't figure out how to reduce the size of my pictures sorry . I hope you can see the pics. Tell me your thoughts. Thanks Will

thanks for that. I will look it up.
      Will

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com