Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Backspacing for a square setup

Alright guys, I'm doing things a bit backwards and letting my wheels define rear axle width.

My have a '71 Fbody subframe from Speedtech, and I'm using their rear TA setup with DSE mini tubs.

So my question to you all is if I wanted to run a square 315/30/18 setup what are the backspacing numbers I should be looking at?

It's not backwards, it is the right way to do it. I did the same with my Camaro, actually had to widen the stock axle housing in my case.

Figure out what fits in the front. Order 4 of them. Put them under the car where they need to go and then build your axle.

Did you mean 315/30-18?
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      It's not backwards, it is the right way to do it. I did the same with my Camaro, actually had to widen the stock axle housing in my case.

Figure out what fits in the front. Order 4 of them. Put them under the car where they need to go and then build your axle.

Did you mean 315/30-18?
      sounds like what I'm trying to do

and yes, 315/30R18...

So your question is what backspacing should I run with a SpeedTech eXtreme front subframe?

I would think speedtech could provide you with an actual backspace number and wheel width for their front suspension.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

When you say "square", do you mean same size wheels on all 4 corners? I keep seeing this term, but not sure what it means, lol. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by redbull396 View Post
      When you say "square", do you mean same size wheels on all 4 corners? I keep seeing this term, but not sure what it means, lol. Thanks in advance.
      same wheel and tire size front to rear, and front to rear track width as close equal as possible

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com