Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Boducious vibration tko 600

At about 60 mph, about 1800/1900 you can feel a vibration in the seat of the pants. I normally drive around town. so most of my driving is under 60. The other night, I need to change lanes, so I stomped it from 55 to over 70! I thought that the car might come apart it vibrated so bad. Removed the tire and still have it. pulled drive shaft. Without the drive shaft in it is had to tell if/where there is a vibration. All this is in 5th gear. Since I just finished refurbishing the motor. The transmission has to come out because of the lakewood scatter shield . I read somewhere about so shaft in transmission getting out of sync? Is that possible? The motor goes to 4000 rpm ,no load, and doesn't vibrate. How had is it to disassemble these transmissions? Do I need ant special tools? Ideas?

Country Flag: United States
      I forgot, I checked drive train angles. I used Speedway's method. Measure angle at u-joint cap front and rear. Rotate shaft 90 degrees,. take the2 reading on each u-join find middle 0 and 1/2. .5 difference is good. I then used Tremec's and it is good. 01.3 / /00.6 /00.7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com